50

-1 week later-

"Do you think Cassie will ever break up with Noah?" Damian asks, hugging the huge plush dog on Bella's bed.

Bella was sat cross-legged on her bed with her laptop. "Nope." She said as she typed away. Damian pouted and pushed his head into the plush with a groan. "Don't be so down, b*tch. There's plenty of girls out there."

Damian lifted his head and stared at Bella. "Like who?"

For some reason, with Bella, he didn't feel like trying to fake his vulnerability. As much as he hated to admit it, his feelings for Cassie were much stronger than those towards other girls he found physically attractive. She was crazy and cute and anyone who caught her attention was so f*cking lucky. He hated himself for not making a move sooner. However, at the back of his mind, he already knew that a relationship between them wouldn't work out.

Cassie's parents company were rivals of his own and they weren't even supposed to be associated with each other but since they both, coincidentally, went to the same school, he had no choice. He used to think that maybe their story would come out as a modern version of Romeo and Juliet but the idea was silly and stupid now that he thought about it.

"Uhm..." Bella thought for a while, still typing and almost forgetting the question being asked. "Leah?"

"She's quiet."

"What's wrong with that?"

"I don't know." Damian shifted uncomfortably. "Quiet girls kinda scare me."

"What?" Bella scoffed.

"Don't you know those stories or movies where the quiet girl always ends up being the murderer?" Damian asked with a fearful expression. "I'm not ready for that kind of sh*t."

"Damian, we live on earth. Not in a fictional world." Bella informed him and threw a pillow at his head. "Get your sh*t together." She laughed.

"Oomf." He said as his head collided with the pillow. "Way to make me feel better." He grumbled. She didn't respond, instead she continued typing on her laptop, completely ignoring him. He lifted his head and looked over her shoulder to see what she was up to. "What are you even doing?"

Bella was really something else entirely. She was the opposite of Cassie but their personalities somehow matched. Cassie was crazy cute but Bella was more on the crazy tough girl side. He's glad she decided to accept his friendship. To him, she was the real one. The real, honest, loyal friend that everyone should have. Sure, she could be a real pain (and he means a real pain), he finds it somewhat endearing.

He'll never tell her that though.

"I'm preparing the invitations for the baby shower. Ava invited Cassie to do it but Cassie's busy with... whatever she does with Noah, so she asked me to."

"So you're doing her dirty work." Damian stated and tried to ignore the feeling he got when she said 'whatever she does with Noah'.

"I kind of volunteered so it's not her fault." She said and Damian nodded slowly looking at the invitation that she'd created.

"Looks ugly."

Another pillow was aimed and thrown at his head.

"I'm kidding!"

"You're stupid. Why am I even taking art criticism from you?" Bella scoffed.

"Because you love my open-ness." He said. Bella stuck her tongue out at him playfully and went back to her graphic design. "By the way..." Damian trailed. Bella turned and gave him a questioning glance. "I'm lowkey interested in what weird random facts you keep inside that brain of yours." He said poking her head lightly.

She smirked. "Oh well you gotta be subscribed."

"To what?"

"Subscribed to a b*tch."

============================================
The end.
\(T∇T)/
============================================

Authors Note:

I just wanna say... I've always wanted a friendship with a guy without the stereotypical thoughts of others on 'girls and guys can't just be friends'. ( _ ) I really hate that because it kind of restricts potentially good friendships. Two people of different genders can be best friends and the friendship would be completely platonic. (¬¬)

I guess this story is mostly pointing out that people of the opposite gender can remain friends without having their feelings mixed up in it. As long as they know what they feel, the friendship will be long lasting between the two. (* >ω<)

Sure there may be moments where it 'looks' like they're romantically involved but that's just friendship. I mean there are times where people thought my best friend and I were gay for each other, so I guess that stereotype really goes around, even in same-gendered friendships. ¯\_()_/¯