The Nanny

Chapter 6: The Nanny

"So, let me get this straight...you want me to babysit him?"

All three adults were sitting in a rather attractive veranda after the boob grabbing monster had made his attack, which Graham had delightfully found hilarious much to his wife's disgust. The child was now playing in the lush of green grass, squealing at the top of his lungs as he rolled around and played with his blocks.

Jubilee sipped at the glass of water they gave her, placing it back on the table when the wife turned towards her.

"Yes, that is true," Reina, who had introduced herself after nearly beating her husband half to death, nodded. "With our jobs, it is hard for us to find the time to be with Octavio, as much as we hate. We need a nanny."

"And you chose the one your son bit..."

Graham smiled at Jubilee. "Well, he is rather taken with you, no?"

She shuddered and crossed her arms over his chest. "I don't know. I'm pretty busy nowadays. Not to mention, I need to get this looked over," she said, peering at the bite at the back of her hand, which was an angry red color. The swollen areas of the puncture bites were puffy.

Reina waved a hand in dismissal. "We'll pay one thousand dollars in compensation. It does not matter, my son is not diseased."

"I don't know about that," she gave her a droll look.

Graham placed his cup of tea on the glass table and leaned forward, lacing his fingers together as he sought for Jubilee's attention. "Just listen to our wants before you make your choice. We want you to be a live-in nanny. Therefore, you will be moving within the mansion. Your job will consist of taking care of Octo-man, much like an aunt or close relative would. We will pay you three thousand dollars per week and will provide a separate bundle of money for Octo-man's expenses, which you will use to purchase whatever necessity he requires. Because of my wife and my own job, we will sadly not be able to see Octo-man as much as we would like." His blue eyes flashed in sadness at the thought of it. "But we will make an effort to come by every so often."

"This sounds too good to be true!" Jubilee exclaimed, blinking rapidly at the couple. "There must be a catch!"

"No catch. Other than the fact you literally have to live here." Graham raised his hands in the air, making Jubilee gaze behind him towards the lovely mansion.

She narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "Why would you choose me? A complete stranger? What if I kidnapped him and you never see me again?" Because Jubilee was talking to Graham, she missed the way Reina's eyes flashed gold with the intent to kill.

Graham coughed and nudged his wife's sex kitten-heels lightly to dissuade her intentions. "Because...as weird as it is, we trust you."

Jubilee gave him a dubious look. "You...trust me," she repeated.

"You are a school teacher, no?" Reina stated, snapping her fingers. A butler off to the side walked towards the table and leaned forward for the woman to snatch the manila folder from the silver tray. She ripped open the top with a viciousness that had Jubilee leaning back warily as she splayed different documents across the table with Jubilee's picture attached to it. "I've read your portfolio before even thinking about hiring a woman like you."

Jubilee gaped at the documents.

"You've been studying to become a school teacher and you have been teaching at a nearby high school for a little under a year after you've graduated from some local state college," Reina started, perching her glasses at the bridge of her nose as she pulled it out from god knows where. "Your family lives in Arkansas, there is no sign of any disease or disabilities running through your genes. There's no murder, no felony besides a second-degree theft from your third cousin, but it matters not!"

"This is a crime!" Jubilee screeched, standing up in her seat. "You can't just look up my information like that!"

Reina sighed delicately, pulling off her glasses and looked at the new nanny rather bored. "It's a background check. I'm entitled to check your business history, personal or not. It also mentions here you've been fired recently and that your apartment—"

"Okay, okay! Enough!" Jubilee yelled, holding out her hands.

She sucked in a couple deep breaths, putting a hand to her forehead as she felt the black rainbow-outlined bubbles threaten to take her away. "I don't even like kids. I don't know how to take care of them."

"It's easy," Reina shrugged. "We will leave information for his day to day business, and one of the maids will give you a package of three DVDs of instructional videos."

Jubilee turned away from the two, arching in her lovely wooden seat to see the child crowing in happiness as he smashed his blocks together. "I don't know if he even likes me," she said softly, watching as a maid approached him rather warily with a plate of cookies.

"Oh, he's comfortable with you," Graham snorted.

As if proving his words right, the child chucked a small wooden alphabet block at a nearby maid who attempted to feed him the cookies he absolutely detested.

"Walk it off, Emily!" Reina called out.

The maid staggered and held her head, dropping a few cookies as she walked back into the mansion.

Jubilee turned to the couple and asked, "Are you sure?"

"We are positive!" The Englishman smiled brightly, ecstatic that he had caught the bait.

Just as she was going to give her answer, she felt someone tug at her sleeve. Jubilee turned around to see Octavio smiling up at her, dimples flashing with a drooling smile as he held up the fluffy bear she had bought in the store earlier today to declare her homelessness. His chocolate brown eyes blinked up at her, cooing its cuteness as he giggled.

She sighed. "Alright, where do I sign?"

"Good." Graham smiled.

In a flash, Reina already had a three-inch booklet that had 'contract' written on the front. "Sign here, initial here, another initial, date, sign here, put the date here again, initial, initial, initial, and now you have to read this line before signing."

Completely exhausted mentally and physically, she was pooped. "I, Jubilee Reinhart, will babysit Octavio Alejandro Graham Hernandez Espinoza Alvarado VI for fifteen years to twenty years and during the duration of said time I will be taking absolute tender loving care of Octavio Alejandro Graham Hernandez Espinoza Alvarado VI as if he was my own flesh and blood. And I will blah blah blah blah blah..." she muttered beneath her breath before signing the contract. It wasn't until Jubilee signed it did the words actually hit her.

"FIFTEEN YEARS?"

Reina slammed the booklet shut, smiling rather evilly at Jubilee as if she had signed her soul away to the devil. "He starts preschool tomorrow." 

Author's Note:

I had almost forgotten how hilarious this chapter was! I definitely got a kick a writing short story like this and hope to create another one with the same style. I hope you guys enjoyed my work!

Please comment and vote : )

Instagram: madamelequeen

Patreon: madamelequeen

For those who are interested in supporting my work, please visit my patreon page. I have created a few tiers that I hope will interest readers for their support! There's a $1, $5, $10, and $25 tier I have created. Go ahead and visit my page and let me know what you think! I have received my first $10 donation and will forever be thankful! Thank you!