The Wolfy vs Kitty Match

Chapter 8: The Wolfy vs Kitty Match

It took awhile for the women to calm Octavio. And when they mean awhile, they meant three whole hours.

"All right, Octavio," Joyce said as she placed the softly sobbing child on the floor. "Man, what a way to start the day." She shook her head from side to side.

Her assistant sighed heavily, rotating her head as the muscles of her neck and shoulders stretched. "I never thought kids could be this much of a handful."

Joyce snorted. "Just wait for a couple more weeks. It can get ugly."

While the two were chatting, Octavio looked around the playroom, sniffling as he did so. "Mama..." he whimpered, rubbing his red-rimmed eyes.

There were children screaming and laughing, playing with the different toys and immersing themselves in the activities the other nannies of the preschool created. Many of them were giggling, smacking their paint-covered hands on the white walls and papers, making war cries with plastic dinosaurs and fuzzy stuffed animals, and fighting over small metallic cars and lego-blocks.

He toddled forward with little difficulty, glancing around for anything to amuse him.

Octavio had sadly come to the realization that he was stuck there.

He plopped on his bottom, pouting as he watched the other children played.

"Mojojojo..."

"Whatcha doin'? "

Octavio turned to see a small blond haired girl blinking down at him with curiosity. She had blue overalls and a light pink shirt on. There was a wolf plushie clenched in her hand.

He ignored her and turned his attention elsewhere.

It was then something caught his attention.

It was like love at first sight.

"Kitty!" he crowed.

Immediately, his eyes sparkled and his little pink mouth shaped like an 'o' as he 'oooooh'd', crawling at the speed of light towards the fluffy Bengal tiger. The size of his eyes grew larger and larger until he was just an inch away from it.

When suddenly, it was kicked away from him.

The blond hair frowned at him, angry that he ignored her. "Kitties are fur wussies!" the small girl sneered, crossing her small pudgy arms as she delicately 'humph'd.

"Nuuuuuuu!" Octavio cried out and attempted to get it until she threw it away from him again.

"You cann eb'en twalk!"

"Nuuuuuuu!"

"Haha," she laughed, shaking her hips from side to side. "Baby, baby! You baby! Wolfy ish good! No kitty! Bad kitty!"

"Nuuuuuu!" Octavio leaned his head back and started crying.

"Shee! Onwly babies cry! Your shirt is icky, too!"

And that's what made him stop.

This wasn't just any shirt. It was a shirt Mojojojo dressed him in. And that meant it was extra special besides his dad purchased it out of laughs.

Octavio's red face frowned at the blond girl, causing her to gasp and take a step back. "You baby!" he said, pointing at her. And with those two words, he smacked Wolfy out of her hands.

Katie took in a huge, prolonged gasp as the slow motion of Wolfy hitting the ground greatly affected her and was still gasping as she stared at Wolfy's still body. She stared at it dramatically before looking up at the small Baby Boy before her with blazing eyes instead of teary, watery ones. "Nuuuuuu!" she said (unknowing that she picked up his bad habit) and tackled him to the ground.

That was the start of a beautiful friendship. 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long update! I've been quite busy these past few weeks, and now that the holidays are coming around the corner, updates might be a bit less. I'm going to work fast to update future chapters ASAP! Also, for those who have been reading my works for a long while now, is there a story you're interested in transferring to Wattpad?

Thank you for those who voted and commented on the story! I enjoy seeing others who enjoy my work!

Check out my patreon! For as little as $1, you could support an author in the works. All proceedings will go to publishing a story. 

Let me know what you think! 

Patreon: madamelequeen

Instagram: madamelequeen