Chapter 4

Alex's POV

I wake up in my bed, look over to Henry, who is fast asleep on my fuzzy couch. He must've stayed the night by mistake. I sigh, the yawn getting out of bed. I walk to my closet and get out my yellow long sleeved shirt and my black love fringed-sleeved sweater to go over with jean shorts with a few tears and purple leggings, and my camo combat boots. I walk to the bathroom and change, then do my hair. I fishtale braid it, and leave it hanging off my left shoulder. I smile, then put on light eye makeup, and my usual dark purple lipstick. I leave and when I reenter my room, Henry is up and dressed.

"Hiya sleepy head." I say, realizing I had been in the bathroom for over an hour. Henry rolls his eyes. I still haven't decided if I like him or not. Maybe, maybe not. He gets up and yawns, like I did. I grab my phone and text uncle Ray.

A: hey uncle Ray, I told Henry last night and he fell asleep on my couch.

R: okay thank you for telling me, maybe finally I can stay over when Henry is over ;)

A: eh I really don't care.

I grab my ear buds, and plug them into my phone then put one of the buds in my ear, and leave the other one hanging on my shoulder. "Henry I'm gonna go to the park, wanna come?" I offer. "Sure. Are we gonna walk?" he replies, and put on his Nikes. "No were riding my elephant." I say sarcastically. He rolls his eyes again. I turn up the volume on my phone a bit and my favorite song, "Chicken Fried" by Zac Brown Band played. I smiled. It was one of my moms favorites.

I thank God for my life

for the stars and stripes

let freedom forever fly

let it ring

salute the ones who died

the ones that gave their lives

so we don't have to sacrifice

all the things we love

I open the door as Henry and I walk out. I her my ringtone go off, and guess what song it is. Yup, Chicken Fried. I pick up my phone from my pocket, and answer it. "Heyo, Mel. What's up?" I say, walking out of the door. "I heard that you were kidnapped! Are you alright?!" she almost screams into the speaker. "Woah! Little loud there, girl. Yeah, I'm fine. Captain Man and Kid Danger saved me." I wink at Henry. "WOAH! WAS KID DANGER EVEN HOTTER UP CLOSE?!" Melody yells into the phone. I pull it away from my ear, and Melody was loud enough that Henry could hear. I rolled my eyes. "Uh, I guess so..." I say playfully to annoy Henry. He pouts back. I roll my eyes and continue my conversation with Melody. "YOU GUESS?! ARE YOU KIDDING?! HES LIKE THE HOTTEST GUY ON THE PLANET!"

"I thought Harry Styles was the hottest guy on the planet." I correct her with her own words. "Whatever."

"I think the hottest guy on the planet is Luke Bryan." I say as my music switches to "That's My Kind of Night" by Luke Bryan. I know Melody just rolled her eyes. "Okay, well I just wanted to make sure you're okay. Where are you going with Henry?" she asks. "What? Howd you know I was with Henry?" I ask. "You just passed by my house."

"Oh yeah. Were going to the park. Wanna come?"

"Sure. I'll catch up with you in a minute. Bye."

"Bye Mel." I hang up. "Melody is coming with us if its okay." I tell Henry. "Yeah, okay." we walk until we hit the park, and Melody is waiting there with us. "What. On. Earth? You left right after us. How did you manage to beat us?" I ask confused. She shrugs. "Magic." sarcasm. It was her thing. Then Henry's bracket beeped three times. I exchanged a look with him. I nodded, telling him to go.

Henry left an hour ago, and Melody and I have been spending that hour on the swings talking.

"So do you like Henry?" she asks out of the blue. "What?! No!" I made it so obvious that I may like Henry. Dangit. "Ooo! You do girl! When?!" she asks, and I know what she means. "Um, I dont know if I do for sure yet. But, yesterday." I answer. She has an ear to ear smile. I roll my eyes. "Why'd you ask?"

"I was just wondering. Because I like the new boy at school, Chad." she says. "Omg! Black hair, barely noticeable freckles?" I give a brief description Chad and Melody nods. "He's totally gonna ask you out."

"How do you know?"

"Because, he's cute, you're beautiful, and you'd be so cute together!"

"Good point." I roll my eyes. I smile and swing back and forth, and when I look up, Henry is walking over to us., and he has dirt smeared across his cheek, and spread out in his hair. He looks so cute like that. Whoops, I do like Henry.

"You know that question you asked me earlier, Mel?" I ask her as she swung. "Yeah, why?"

"The answer is yes."

-----------

I'm sorry if its short, I have to go to school, so I'll try to update this weekend, and thank you for 100 reads in such a short time! Can I get five votes for the next chapter? Thank youss! Byes!

~~Alex