Chapter 2

Alex's POV

Henry and I walk up the steps and head to my room, just as I get a text from Uncle Ray.

UR: Hey im on my way home. Are you home yet?

A: yeah I'm in my room with Henry. We just got back from the candy store. Could I go to his house for a while?

UR: Sure. Call me when you're on your way home, though.

I look up a tell Henry that I could go to his house if it was alright. "Yeah, my mom and dad are out of town. Piper will be there, though. So if you hear screaming, she's either on Facebook or Twitter." he chuckles. I smile, and we take our candy to his house across the street, and up to his room. Like Henry said, Piper is creaming about Facebook. Or Twitter. I dont know which one it is though. I debate on asking Uncle Ray about Henry when I get home. I finally made up my mind.

Henry and I sat on his bed talking for about an hour. His tv was on Fox21 News, what I always watch. "So yeah, tell me about your uncle." I froze. Uh, he can't know! Just yet. Henry needs to be patient! Well, only if he knew. "Uh, what do you want to know?" I ask, trying to act casual, so Henry wouldn't suspect anything. "Well, for starters, what's his name?" I have to lie. I can't tell him yet. "Uh, James." ugh that's my dads name, why did I use it?! "Oh, okay, where does he work?"

"Uh, he works at Microsoft." I lied again. Then I was interrupted by a story on Captain Man and Kid Danger. "Hey! Look! Kid Danger looks alot like you, dont you think?" I ask Henry, desperately trying to change the subject. "Maybe. I don't know. I guess." Henry is such a good liar. "Yeah, he reminds me of you."

"Really?"

"Yeah." then Henry's watch bracelet thing beeps three times. "Uh, is work calling you? Again? How clumsy is that worker?" I lie. "Very. Uh, gotta go. Bye!" then he weirdly jumps out of his window. Ok... So I left, and called Uncle Ray.

"Hey kid." he says once he picks up the phone. "Hey Uncle Ray. I'm on my way home."

"Okay thanks for calling me. See you in a few. Bye."

"Bye." I hang up and walk home. But I walked past the park and I sensed someone following me. I looked behind me and heard rustling in the bushes. "Who's there?! Come out!" I almost shout. Rustling. "Who are you?!" I shout once again. But instead of rustling, a man jumped out and I screamed, but he chased after me. "HELP!" I shout, but he gets me, because my anxiety takes over, I can't catch my breath, I get very hot, my heart rate picks up, and I just have to stop. "Please......dont...hurt......me..." I say between breaths. "Mwahaha. How will I just let you go? I won't." he laughs maniacally. Then he puts a rag over my mouth and black ness takes over.

Henry's POV

I run to Junk n Stuff, hop on the elevator, which tosses me down as usual. "You have to fix that." I tell Ray as I stand up. "Yeah yeah, come here. We have a report of The Toddler. He's walking the streets and was following a girl. Now he has her." Ray says sharply and I watch the video of the girl trying to catch her breath, but it looks like she can't. Then The Toddler knocks her out with a rag. Its just then, when I realize who she is, and Ray seems to, too. We both gasp at the same time. "Its Alex! Wait, why did you gasp?" I say looking at Ray. "Uh, I've seen her in the neighborhood. She seems nice. Okay lets go save Alice!" he says as he takes our his bubble gum. "Its Alex." I correct annoyed as I take out my gum and we blow a bubble, transforming into our supersuits. We walk over to the tubes. "Call it." Ray- I mean- Captain Man says. "Up the tube!" I say and we fly up the tubes, and out to the surface.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After a long time, we finally fins the warehouse where Alex was. Captain Man and I had to go down so many stairs, but we finally found her, and Alex was tied up in a chair, sassing The Toddler.

Alex's POV

My eyes open to me tied up in a chair in a warehouse. But it wasn't really a warehouse. It was my old house where I lived before mom died. Tears stung my eyes, but they quickly vanished when The Toddler, or my dad, appeared.

"Uh, dad?" I say. "No, you're not my daughter, my daughters name is Alex Louisa Matthew!" he yells. "You're Alice Bonita Matthews!" I rolled my eyes so far back in my head, I think they could've rolled all the way back to my brain. I hear soft clattering and look to the side, to see Captain Man and Kid Danger watching. I smile. "Well, you need to go back to school, you dumb retard, I am Alex!" I shout, and look over to see Uncle Ray as Captain Man and Henry as Kid Danger smirking along with me.