Chapter One ~ A Rude Awakening {Emma Swan}

~Emma Swan~

There is something that has been at nagging me for the longest time. A feeling that I don't belong here, in my hometown of Storybrooke. I have lived here for as long as I can remember. My family is here; my parents, my son, and my ex-boyfriend: Neal Cassidy.

It has been four months since he left me, alone in our apartment on the outskirts of town. I was, and still am, shocked. We had been together for 18 years, then he just decided to pack his bags and leave.

Our son Henry is devastated. He is the eternal optimist, but he cannot seems to find his way out of this. His parents, suddenly split. He has spent a great deal of time in his room with a book of fairytales my mother gave him. She says they will give him hope; hope for a brighter future past all that is going on, but I, ever pessimistic, do not see how that is possible.

I can tell that he is fantasizing about ways to get Neal and I back together, but I know that it will never happen. I never felt for Neal in a way I knew I should have. The passion we had for each other was not the sort of passion the you read about or see in movies, the passion people say we should have. With Neal it almost felt as if one morning we just woke up together, with no explanation to how we got there. I can't remember when I met him, I can't remember how we fell for each other, the first few years of our relationship are just one gigantic blur.

In a sense I almost feel as if we just stayed together just for Henry. I have always felt as if my heart belonged somewhere, or to someone, else.

As I came back to my senses I heard a knock on the door. I glanced at the clock; 8:15 PM. My heart leaped, it could be Neal, that's the only one who would be stopping in this late; he had come back to me.

I threw open the door and took a step back. The man on the other side of the doorway was most certainly not Neal.

The mysterious man was wearing a long black leather jacket and leather pants. His hair was disheveled looking, in a messy but cute way.

His eyes locked onto mine. They were gorgeous, a magnificent sea blue color. Although there was something else about those eyes, they felt like home.

Relief washed over his face as he took a step closer to me.

"Whoa there, who are you, " I asked, putting my hand up to prevent him from coming any closer.

"Swan, I know you can't remember me, but I can make you."

With that, he put his hand behind my head and pulled me into a deep and passionate kiss.

~What do you guys think? This is my first fanfiction I have posted on wattpad, I have never been confident enough to post anything in the past! I know it's not the greatest, but they are so fun to write! I hope you enjoyed! Chapter Two will be posted soon, so stay tuned! ~