Chapter Thirteen ~ Is It Time? {Emma Swan}

They sit outside on a balcony, the warm summer breeze blows her hair across her face, he extends his arm and gently pushes it back behind her ear.

Hook and the Savior, I’ve fallen into yet another memory.

“Are you sure it’s the right time to tell them?” She asks quietly, he deep green eyes look intently into his sparkling blue ones.

“Emma,” he says sweetly. “We’ve known for two months now, they’ll figure it out eventually … it’s better that they hear it from us.” She nods as a single tear falls down her face.

“Killian … Killian what if they don’t approve, what if they don’t think we’re ready? We’ve only been together for a year and a half now. I can’t bear to think that -.”

“Who gives a damn what they think,” he interrupts as he stands and goes to kneel down next to her chair. He reaches out and takes her hands. “Before your dad proposed your parents had only had what, a total of a month together? Our love has, and will, endure more than theirs ever did, or will. Swan, they’ll be happy for us, and if they aren’t, who cares? You’re a bloody hero and this will by no means change that.” She gives a small smile.

“Okay.” She says hesitantly. “I’m ready.” He nods as he stands to help her out of her chair. She turns to face him.

“Killian, whatever they say … whatever anyone says, I love you.” Smiling, he takes a step closer and pulls her into a deep kiss. Their kiss, their passion for each other … it’s the type of relationship I have always dreamed of having, but have never been able to obtain. As they pull apart she pulls him into a tight hug: her head in the crook of his neck, his hand on the back of her head. I can’t help but feel a pang of jealousy, that’s how my dad would embrace me, that position has always felt like home to me … could that woman really be me?

“And I you,” he says as they begin to walk out of the room, I hurry to catch up with them. “I don’t intend on letting you down.” She giggles as she snuggles up close to him: his arm around her waist, her hand on his chest.

I follow them down countless corridors, their small talk distracting me from the vastness and eerie emptiness of the castle. They finally slow as they reach a short covered bridge, guarded on both sides by men in frankly ridiculous costumes.

“I’m here to see my parents,” the woman says strongly, the guards nod and allow us to pass. We walk at a brisk pace across the bridge, but slow as we reach the doorway. She shudders, he begins to brush his hands up and down her arms. I feel chills on my own arms as if it was him touching me.

“Emma we can do this,” he says as he leans in and kisses her forehead sweetly. She nods and give him a reassuring smile as she slowly raises her hand to knock on the door. Almost on cue David appears, ushering them inside. I keep close behind them.

“Emma, Killian,” Mary Margaret exclaims as she enters the room, a look of confusion spreads over her face. “What’s wrong.” The Savior inhales sharply as she takes Hook’s hand and has him lead her to a small couch at the end of her parent’s bed. I inch over and finally sit down on the edge of the bed, it smells … familiar.

“We have to tell you something,” The Savior begins quietly, refusing to look Mary Margaret and David in the eyes.

“Oh God Emma, what’s wrong,” David says as he goes to kneel down in front of her, taking her hands, Mary Margaret places her hands on his shoulders. Tears finally begin to stream down The Savior’s face, she buries her head in the area between Hook’s neck and shoulder. He places his hand on her head, pulling her closer.

“We’ve known for two months now,” Hook says. “We knew that you were going to find out … or you’ve already figured it out and you’re too stubborn to tell us. Even so, we want you to hear it from us.”

“Killian, what’s going on?” Mary Margaret buries her head in her hands, it is clear she is expecting the worst. I feel a lump in my throat, it takes everything in me to not go up and comfort her. Even though I’m no Savior, that woman is my mother; and nobody can tell me otherwise. I recognize that look on her face, it was the exact look she had when I told her - when I told her I was pregnant with Henry … oh God.

The Savior mumbles something into Hook’s arm, he hesitantly takes his hand off her head and urges her to look up at them.

“What was that,” Mary Margaret asks. I lean forward, even though I know what is about to happen.

“Mom, Dad … I’m pregnant.”

I am pulled back to reality as I hear four quick knocks at the door. I take a quick glance at the mirror and take in my appearance. I am wearing a deep red knee length strapless dress with a pair of nude heels, I have not dressed up like this for anyone for as long as I can remember, perhaps tonight is more special than I realized it may be.

Pushing the memory out of my mind I rush downstairs from the loft as I hear another set of knocks on the door. I inhale sharply as I pull the door open to find a beaming Killian waiting for me.

“Wow,” he exhales slowly, he goes to say something else but he can’t seem to form any words, he is completely speechless.

“Wow yourself,” I say with a laugh. I really mean it too. He has traded out his usual short leather jacket and leather pants for a crisp black suit, white shirt, and a vibrant red tie. If I didn’t know any better I would say he was just an exceptionally sexy Irish guy, I would have never had a second thought that he may, in fact, be a well … devilishly handsome pirate. He cautiously leans forward and kisses me on the cheek, I blush.

“You ready,” he asks. I nod as he takes my hand and leads me out the door. “This way m’lady.” I can already tell, this is going to be one hell of a night.