Chapter 5

I am so tired. Ashton kept me up all night talking on the phone. It was fun though. I learned a lot about him and we got into some pretty deep topics. We talked about so much i can't remember it all. He talked a lot about his family. I learned he has a single mother, a younger sister and brother. I'm going over to his hotel later to "Hang out". I don't really know what to think. I know i like him, but i don't know if he feels the same way. For all i know he could have a girlfriend back in Australia, waiting for his return. I push the thought out of my mind and try not to get worked up about it all. Obsessing isn't going to do anything. I guess tonight might be a date, even though neither of us called it that. 

                                                                                     *

I hesitate before i knock on his door. I check the number to make sure it is the right room. It's the right room just suck it up and knock. I take a deep breath and knock on the hotel room door. I wait a moment then finally the door opens. Ashton smiles as he pulls the door open. He reaches out and to my surprise pulls me in for a hug. HOLY GOD! WHAT?!? I feel like i am melting under his strong embrace. He let's go after a few seconds and leads the way into his small hotel room. "You look really pretty" He says looking me up and down. I feel like a bomb went off inside my head. "O-oh. thank you" i stutter. "So" He says cheerfully. "what do you want to do?" Dude your the one who invited me. "Uum. idk" i say. He looks around. "Not much to do here, why don't we go somewhere" He says. Thank god. "ok sure. where do you want to go?" i ask. I feel like a tomato. "Well, your the one who lives here. Show me your favorite place" I think for a moment. I really should leave the house more... Then i get an idea. "Well, your in New York City. How about i show you around to the cities finest?" by finest i really mean a cheep pizza place and a music store that used to be a strip club. "Sounds great!" he says.  lead the way out the door and he locks it behind him. 

                                                                                          *

The hotel that he is staying at is just outside the city, so we take a cab. I point out the park where i almost got mugged once and the bakery where i spilled coffee all over myself right before a job interview. He laughs at my embarrassing stories as i blush. When the taxi driver drops us off on the sidewalk by the pizza place i explain that they are the only place that doesn't put a pound of extra oil on top. We go and order our pizza, it's the type of place where you just take it and leave. Then i lead him to Smoothie King, because they have the best smoothies. But i make him go in and order them. I explain that i got fired from there and it would be far too awkward to go in. He comes out with our smoothies and i tell him about the music store we are going to. It's where i got my last guitar, but really the coolest part about it is the place is the CD collection. As we walk through the doors i say "They have every CD you could ever want" He looks at the walls all lined with racks of CD's stacked to the ceiling in alphabetical order. "Awesome" he breathes. 

                                                                                       *

We spend the next two hours looking at all the stuff in the music store. He says they only have crappy drum sets there, i wouldn't know anything about that. I show him some stuff on guitar, i am surprised that he already knows how to play some basic stuff. When the person managing the store tells us they are closing in 5 minutes we leave. Whenever we walk in or out a door Ashton always opens it, i know most girls freak out over this, don't get me wrong it is nice, but i almost feel uncomfortable, i don't know why. "So i guess you probably have to get going ha?" he says. I shrug. "To be honest i really don't. But yes, i should probably go anyway"  it almost pains me to say it. I mean if we go back to your hotel we all know what that means. He sighs. "Ok" he says. I call the cab company to have them pick me up. He does the same thing. As we stand and wait for the cabs to get there i pray he will break the silence. Not gonna say this out loud but damn i really want to kiss you. Finally he breaks the silence. "So, do you have plans for tomorrow?" he asks. I smile. "Nope." i say. "Great, because there is somewhere i want to go and i want to take you with me" He smiles mischievously. He reaches out his hand and i grab it. "Oh, well ok then" i say with a laugh. I see two taxi's come around the corner. When they are about 100 yards away Ashton turns towards me, pulls me closer until he is like an inch from my face. OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD. "See you tomorrow" He whispers. He then leans even closer and kisses me. HOLY SHIT. I'm not sure if someone just punched me in the gut or if that's just my insides having a raging party. I feel myself sway. I don't fall over because his arm is around my waist. He slides his hand back to his side and pulls away. I am stunned. I notice that i am probably making the facial expression one might make when suddenly attacked by a wild bear. So i straighten myself up and look at him. He is grinning like an idiot. I can't help but laugh. "Ok" i say. ok? OK? GOD WHY AM I SO STUPID. He backs away and get's into the cab still smiling. I turn to get into my cab. I am grinning like an idiot. I don't think i will ever stop smiling now. I struggle with the seat belt because my hands are shaking so much. I tell the driver where i am going and then collapse into a heap on the seat. I feel numb, but in a really good way.