Chapter 5: Picking up the Pieces

AMIE’S POV

I woke up feeling really sore and I automatically feeling the cast and sling on my right arm. That was a pretty bad fall, I thought to myself sitting up an opening my eyes. ‘Hey Jess,’ I said with a smile, Jess returned it. ‘Ah you’re okay!’ Jess said with a smile giving me a gentle hug. ‘God that must have been a bad fall of bars, I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck!’ I exclaimed with a giggle. ‘Amie how old are you?’ Jess asked with an unsure voice. ’16, seriously Jess you have always been so terrible with birthdays,’ I replied with a smirk. Jess’s face dropped, ‘Amie babe, I’ll be back. I’m just going to get a doctor,’ Jess said before running out of the room. I sat up further and looked around the room, my mouth dropped setting into an ‘o’ shape as my eyes passed over the sleeping figures of ONE DIRECTION! ONE DIRECTION! I continued to scan the room when I noticed Harry fucking Styles! Sitting in a hospital bed next to me. He was watching me with a small smile. ‘Shit, wow,’ I said covering my mouth. ‘What the hell are you doing in my hospital room?’ I exclaimed. I felt like I was about to burst with excitement. ‘Um,’ was all Harry replied. ‘I can’t believe it One Direction in the flesh!’ I squealed. All of the other boys woke up; Amber and Ashleigh were sitting on the floor too. And a wedding ring? On Ashleigh’s finger, this is not what I was expecting to see. I shook that off as a doctor re-entered the room as did Jess. The doctor introduced himself before taking a seat next to my bed. ‘Hello Amie, I’m Dr Burton,’ he said with a smile. I nodded and sat up further. ‘I’m just going to ask you a few questions and then I’ll leave you to spend some time with your friends,’ he said opening up the clipboard and getting out a pen. ‘First up your name?’ He asked. ‘Amie Elizabeth Martin,’ I replied, he nodded and took a note of that. ‘And your date of birth?’ He continued. ‘The 23rd of May 1995,’ I replied fidgeting with the purple cast on my arm. ‘And that would make you?’ He hinted. ’16,’ I replied. The doctor looked a little surprised before he wrote that down. ‘And do you know why you’re in hospital?’ He asked while preparing the papers in front of him. ‘I had a weird fall on vault and knocked myself out pretty much running straight into the wall at HPC,’ I said with a sigh. This injury sure was going to set be back in training for the 2012 Olympics. The doctor nodded before sighing. ‘Amie I’m afraid you’ve suffered brain damage and memory after being in a car accident,’ the doctor said seriously. ‘What? No!’ I said as tears formed in my eyes. He then grabbed out a piece of paper and began to read a report from it. ‘Last night, the 20th of January you and Mr Styles were rear ended at a set of lights; you were flung into the crossing traffic. Mr Styles suffered a dislocated shoulder and a broken ankle and you have suffered a brake in your right arm, a dislocated right shoulder and a fracture to the right side of your skull,’ the doctor said. I nodded slowly, beginning to cry. I don’t know why though, I’m not sure whether it’s because I’ve forgotten everything or because well I don’t really know. ‘Wait what year is it? And how old am I? And what have I missed?’ I said panicking a little. ‘It’s 2013, you’re almost 18 years old and I will have to leave that last one to your friends,’ the doctor said calmly. Its 2013, did I even go to the Olympics? Do I know the boys of One Direction personally? Have they brought out an album? So many questions swirled around in my head and I am terrified to hear some of the answers, there’s so much that I don’t know. The doctor then called everyone outside, minus Harry and me. ‘How are you doing babe?’ Harry asked after everyone had cleared out. I just sighed; Harry grabbed his drip and hopped out of bed hobbling his way over to me. I smiled at Harry and shuffled over; Harry hopped into bed with me. I got shocks at his touch; Harry gently wrapped his arms around me. I could easily get used to this. I thought as I relaxed my body into his. ‘Harry Styles, you are one amazing 17 year old, thank you,’ I breathed sleepily. ‘Sleep well beautiful,’ Harry whispered kissing me lightly on the forehead. I smiled before I let sleep take over.

-----

I woke up feeling refreshed but I instantly felt cold, realizing that I was no longer wrapped in Harry's arms. But I really didn't expect any different. I mean he’s Harry Fucking Styles, and I'm well just me. Another crazed fan, now well awake I sat up and looked at my empty room. Jess was sitting next to my bed, smiling seeing that I was awake. Jess looked absolutely shattered, I don’t think she’s slept a wink since my accident. I surveyed the room realizing that it was empty of a certain boy band. Amber and Ash were no longer sprawled out on the floor either. 'How are you feeling babe?' Jess asked with a small smile. 'Not too bad,' I replied with a shrug, Jess nodded not saying any more on that. 'I hope its okay but you're going to stay with Harry for the next, well while I guess,' Jess said as if it was normal. 'What!' I exclaimed. 

'Oh well it's just that I'm working and so are Amber and Ash and he offered,' Jess began to blabber. 'No that's amazing! I can't believe I'm going to be staying with Harry Styles,' I said beaming a smile at Jess; she rolled her eyes and nodded. 'That’s where everyone is, moving your stuff into his apartment.' Jess said, I nodded. Why wouldn't I just stay with my parents? 'I'm taking you to my place filling you in and then you can move in with Haz,' Jess said, I nodded slowly as a doctor walked into the room. 'Everything's been cleared you are right to go Miss Martin,' the Dr. Burton said with a smile. I nodded as I got out my bed. Jess handed me some clothes, 'we'll see you in a week Amie,' the doctor said before saying goodbye. Jess showed me to the bathroom and I got changed. We walked outside and I followed Jess to what I presumed was her car. Jess turned on the radio, I didn't recognize any of the songs, and Jess frowned before plugging her phone in. She put tracks from when the boys were on the X Factor smiled as we both sang along, smiling and dancing like the idiots we are. 

Jess led me up to a fancy apartment block and I followed her inside. 'We’re home,' Jess called as we entered the apartment. 'Hey beautiful,' Liam said wrapping Jess in a quick hug. 'Hi Amie,' he said cheerily before wandering off. 'So you two are,' I said a little confused as I followed Jess into a bedroom. 'Been dating for four months,' Jess said beaming a smile, happy. I hadn't really ever seen Jess like this before, truly happy. She flopped down on the queen sized bed and signalled me to do so too. I sat down on the bed and got comfy under the warm blankets. Jess reached under the bed and pulled out what looked like a scrapbook. My suspicions were confirmed when Jess opened it, revealing a picture of us. Amber, Jess, Ash and I smiling like total goofballs at the camera, Jess was fully made up and in nice clothes. Amber, Ash and I were in One  Direction shirts. 'This is us at the boys' very first Australian concert in Sydney, you girls were in the front row and got backstage passes, I was drumming for them,' Jess said smiling at the memory. I nodded slowly. 'That’s why I can't look after you, I'm writing and recording all of the drum parts for their fourth album. Everything else is done so the boys' are on a break until everything but  is finalized with the album. They might to a butting of travelling her and there which you will be doing too, other than that you can just chill and we'll see what happens I guess,' Jess said before turning the page. This first photo unearthed so many questions but most of all, why did Jess give up her gymnastics career?