Chapter 7: Sorting

JESS’S POV

Liam crawled into bed with me, I smiled and rolled over ‘hi gorgeous’ he mumbled before giving me a quick peck. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into his strong chest, I relaxed my body into his and shut my eyes once again. I’d waited so long for this and it certainly didn’t disappoint. As our heart beats fell into the same rhythm my mind let go and I fell into an uneasy sleep.

---------------------------------------------

The loud ringtone of my phone snapped me back to reality, I scrambled over Liam to reach the bedside table in time. Before I had a chance to check the caller ID I answered and through the phone to my ear. ‘Hey Jess!’ a relieved voice responded from the other end. ‘Niall, how are you?’ I asked, grabbing a blanket from the end of the bed and making my way into the living room, leaving Liam to sleep. ‘I’m good Jess, and thank you again for being here for me babe, I don’t know what I’d do without you,’ he sighed, I sat down on the couch and crossed my legs, draping the blanket over myself. ‘Don’t mention it, don’t forget that you’re saving me too!’ I replied with a smile.

‘Right,’ Niall replied uneasily. ‘I was hoping now that the Harry and Amie drama has died down, that we could chat,’ he remarked. ‘Absolutely,’ I answered, ‘hit me!’ I exclaimed trying to get Niall to relax a bit.

‘I only managed to tell the boys about depression, nothing about cutting or the suicide attempts, and I’m scared Jess, I think Zayn knows,’ Niall whispered anxiously. ‘I want it all to come from me Jess, but I can’t tell them you know, I don’t want to disappoint them, and I know that Liam will blame himself for not catching me,’ he continued. ‘I really don’t know what to do Jess and its freaking me out,’ a panic ridden voice cried.

‘Relax, Niall okay? We can handle this, trust me. I’ll head over and talk to Zayn okay, suss out how much he knows and I will take care of that for you, got it?’ The line went silent, ‘Niall?’ I pleaded.

‘Yes, Jess,’ he responded. ‘And as for the other issue?’ Niall questioned cautiously.

‘We wait, we wait until you’re ready, I don’t care whether that’s two weeks or two months but we you will tell them, agreed?’ I waited for his reply impatiently, ‘yeah I can do that,’ he replied in defeat.

‘Awesome, I’m going to get dressed and I’ll head over to Zayn’s right now,’ I said standing up and folding the blanket. ‘Thanks so much Jess! I’ll see you soon,’ Niall beamed. ‘No problems, call me whenever! And look after yourself!’ I called before hanging up. With a deep breath I tip toed back into the bedroom. ‘Hi there gorgeous,’ Liam mumbled with a grin. ‘Are you coming back to bed?’ he quizzed. I shook my head as I began to dig through my wardrobe. Liam sat up, ‘so do you think this Harry and Amie thing was a good idea?’ Liam asked. I shrugged pulling a pair of jeans and a sweater out. ‘I want to think yes but my gut keeps telling me no,’ I replied getting changed. Liam gave me a soft nod, ‘and this is my last day off before I’m super busy so I need to get everything sorted.’

‘What you need to do is stress less honey,’ he blankly stated.

‘Look Li, I know that I do but right now I can’t afford to drop the ball. Everything is so messed up Li, I need to get it right again,’ I sighed sitting back down on the bed. He nodded, not smiling, just knowing I was right. ‘Just be careful baby, look after yourself too,’ he insisted, putting a hand over my stomach. As much as I want to believe that I’ve beat my disease, I know that it’s a lifelong battle. I just wish that Liam would relax, I’m a big girl. I gave Liam a peck on the cheek, paced the apartment looking for my wallet and keys before jogging out the door.

ZAYN’S POV

A loud knock on my door woke me from my thoughts, I leapt up and let the door fly open. ‘Jess,’ I said with a smile, pulling her in for a hug. ‘Do you mind if I come in?’ she asked, this wasn’t the perky Jess I usually see, I think things are about to get serious. Jess was stressed, you could see it in her face, as plain as day. ‘How much do you know Zayn?’ She asked, getting straight to the point.

‘Well, I,’ I stuttered, I never thought that I would be answering this question. Jess threw me an impatient look, so I fought to continue. ‘I heard Niall talking to you, over the phone. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop Jess I swear! I just overheard it I did mean to and I certainly didn’t want to. I know that he was scared to tell us boys and I know that he cuts, and I know that he tried to kill himself,’ I sighed, saying it out loud still felt weird, I still can’t believe that we let this happen. Jess nodded with a weak smile, ‘and how much of this have you told the other boys?’ she asked. I screwed up my face, how on earth can she know me this well? ‘Only the cutting Jess, they were in so much shock I felt guilty for knowing more,’ I replied a little panicked. She grabbed my hand and inhaled deeply.

‘It’s okay Zayn, and he’s doing okay. I’m doing my best to look out for him and you need to know that all of that is going to stop.’ She assured. I nodded, I trust Jess with everything, I’m so glad that she can be the one to help Niall through this. ‘How do you feel with all of this Zayn, really?’ Jess questioned. I took a deep breath and tried to gather my thoughts, but a scream stopped me in my tracks. ‘Was that?’ I asked jumping to my feet.

‘I think so,’ Jess yelled running out the door. I watched as she turned the handle, bracing ourselves for what we were about to find. 

______________________________________-

What was that scream? Give me your best guess to get a dedication in the next chapter!

Sorry for neglecting this for so long but I really look forward to getting back into this story 

xx

So fan, comment and like for the chance at a dedication