Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Sorry that this took so long but here it is! And just a heads up i do suggest that you read What Are We Payne? first because there will be links and continuations and stuff like that so yeah highly recommend that you read that first! 

Any way here is the first chapter of my brand new fan fic! So i hope you all like it, get ready for another drama packed fan fiction, love you all enjoy and feedback is greatly appreciated <3

xx Jess

____________________________________________________________

AMIE’S POV

The Olympics were all over so fast, Australia won the team bronze. And I won another two medals on top of that; gold on bars and silver on vault. Ashleigh won gold on floor and bronze on beam and Amber won gold in the AA with gold on vault. We were Australia’s first Olympic medals in gymnastics. We made history! And it was the most exciting thing in the world. It was the most incredible experience of my life and I got to share it with my two best friends; who could have asked for more?

But that was all a long 4 months ago; now we’ve all moved on. Louis popped the question and we were in Paris just last month for Ashleigh and Louis’s wedding. Jess and Liam are living in an apartment together; Ashleigh and Louis have bought a house together; Amber and Niall are sharing a flat; Zayn is living in the same apartment building as Harry and as for me? I’m living on campus at the University of London. So all 9 of us are living in London; and the girls are still bugging me to get with Harry. But I’m not sure that I believe in ‘love’ and it’s so hard seeing them all so loved up. And as for Harry? I have no clue, one minute he wants me and the next minute he’s cold. I mean he can be really sweet and he is hot, but something’s going on there!

HARRY’S POV

Niall invited us boys over to his place; well as far as I know it’s just going to be the boys. He said that it was kind of important, but I have no clue as to what he’s talking about. So I grabbed my keys and locked up before jumping into the car. I pulled into the car park and made my way up to the lobby. The receptionist let me straight through after I signed her plan white iPhone case. I knocked on the apartment door and was greeted by a very nervous looking Niall. ‘Hey Nialler,’ I said with a smile as he let me inside. He gave me a weak smile in response. I shook it off and walked into the living room where the rest of the boys were scattered on the floor and over the chairs. I took a seat on the couch next to Louis. ‘Hey Haz Bear,’ Louis said with a grin ruffling me hair with a hand. ‘Don’t!’ I whined fixing my hair up Louis just chuckled and rolled his eyes at me. Zayn was tapping away on his phone; is it just me or does he look a little nervous? I thought to myself as I continued looking around the room. Liam was just sitting staring off into space and smiling. Thank god he finally woke up and started looking after Jess, they are great together. But I hate seeing everyone so loved up at the moment! I hate it! The boys keep bugging me about Amie and I think that she’s gorgeous; but I’m afraid, I can’t handle that; not ever! I haven’t spoken to anyone about it yet, it hurts too much.

I was awoken from my thought by someone clearing their throat; to my surprise it was Jess. ‘Keep an open mind and don’t be too hard on him,’ Jess said with a sympathetic smile, I nodded in confusion. ‘I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me,’ she said turning around. As if on cue Niall walked in, Jess gave him a hug and whispered something to him before she left the room; leaving Niall to sit down on the couch next to Zayn. ‘Um, look boys. There’s no easy way for me to say it. So I’m just going to get straight to the point,’ Niall said with a shaky voice before drawing in a sharp breath. I nodded and waited for him to continue. ‘I was diagnosed with depression five months ago,’ Niall said before adjusting his position. I looked around the room, the boys were doing the same thing as me; wearing a shocked expression while sitting in absolute silence. The tension in the room was beyond thick, you could have cut it with a knife. Louis was the first one to find something to say, ‘Niall, I’m sorry,’ Louis said in a soft voice. ‘Sorry for what Lou?’ Niall asked with a shrug. But Louis couldn’t muster the strength to say anything; Liam continued. ‘For not noticing, or saying something Nialler, we’re sorry for not being there for you,’ I nodded, that’s what I feel too, I just couldn’t say it. ‘I’m sorry for not saying anything earlier boys, but it’s so hard. But the hate, I’m not strong enough to take it all on my own. It’s all posted just to hurt me, and it does!’ Niall said before sighing. ‘And I’ve been reading all of that shit for so long; I’ve started to believe it and that’s the way I see myself,’ he said as tears welled up in his eyes. ‘I’m sorry, I felt like I had to be strong for everyone that I love, for you boys and for Amber. But here I am; slowly falling apart,’ Niall said standing up and walking out of the room; leaving the four of us in silence. ‘We fucked up,’ I said with a shrug. Louis and Zayn nodded, ‘he cuts,’ Zayn mumbled, speaking for the first time since Niall broke the news to us. ‘What?’ I said lowering my voice.

‘I heard him talking to Jess about it… Over the phone, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but I did. And I heard Niall telling her how scared he was about telling us,’ Zayn said with a sigh. He shook his head. ‘How the fuck didn’t we notice?’ Zayn said a little louder this time. ‘I just think that we’ve gotten so wrapped up in work that we’ve forgotten to have fun and chill out and look after each other,’ Louis said as Niall walked back in rubbing his eyes. He sat back down next to Zayn and gave us all a small smile. ‘We’re here for you Nialler, whatever you need. A shoulder to cry on, someone to vent to or someone to talk to, give us a call at stupid o’clock and we’ll give you our full attention,’ Liam said as Niall wiped the last of the tears from his cheeks. He nodded with a smile that looked much more genuine and not at all forced. ‘We need to stick together guys, this life we lead. Isn’t at all close to normal and we’re all going through the same thing,’ Zayn said as we all shuffled a little closer. All five of us nodded and smiled in agreement. ‘From now on we stick together, we need each other more than anything,’ Liam agreed. I took a deep breath, ‘boys, if Niall can come clean so can I.’ 

______________________________________

What's Harry hiding and does it have anything to do with his fear of love?

I'll do my best to update soon <3

Love you all!