Chapter 6: Connecting the Dots

Oh my god it's an update!! I totally left this and i am so sorry, if this gets a few comments and likes I'll give writting this another crack! Please let me know what you think and I am so sorry for leaving it so long!!!

so here's the well over due next update

xx Jess

_______________________________________-

HARRY’S POV

I sat on the floor quietly as Jess flicked through the scrapbook full of our adventures of the last year, watching Amie’s face scroll through thousands of emotions in only a matter of minutes. Jess yawned, the bags under her eyes giving away that she hadn’t slept in nearly two days. “Amie, I’m here for you I promise, but I’m absolutely shattered, I really need to get some shut eye,” Jess said, finally giving in. ‘No worries, thanks for everything Jess’ Amie whimpered, she was scared, I can read that girl like a book. I still don’t know how I feel about Amie, she’s a gorgeous girl and we get along great, but I don’t know how we stand after this whole episode.

This is just so messed up, does she remember what went on between us? The back and forth that dragged on over the last year? And I wonder what would have happened if we had made it back to my apartment safely. Would alcohol and poor judgement have led us to do something we regrated? I just can stop thinking what if!

Jess got up and headed off to the bathroom, when she returned she kneeled down by my side. ‘Be careful Harry, please just go easy on her,’ Jess whispered into my ear, she looked defeated no longer in control of this situation. I gave Jess a soft nod to indicate that I understood, but the thing is, I didn’t understand. What did she mean be careful? I think that Jess and I really need to have a chat, because Amie and I can’t have a chat about whatever the hell is going on because she doesn’t remember…. I cannot believe I let this happen.

A soft knock came from the doorway, ‘would you two like a cuppa?’ Liam asked in a hushed tone. ‘Yes please,’ I replied as he gave me a hand to get up off the floor, after getting my crutches I slowly made my way into the living room. A fragile and slow moving Amie followed me close behind, ‘I’ll have a coffee thanks Liam,’ Amie muttered, clearly uncomfortable and she sat down on the couch. After putting down my crutches I hopped over to join Amie. She smiled and shuffled over a bit, even thought there was plenty of room for me anyways. I cautiously lowered myself onto the couch being careful of Amie, she looked so vulnerable and I feel so guilty. I know that everyone keeps insisting that this wasn’t my fault, but what if it is? I did ask her if ‘she wanted to get out of here’, I wish things could have gone different, one less drink and this might have been prevented, god I am so angry.

Liam placed a three mugs down on the coffee table and took a seat opposite Amie and myself. ‘Can we answer any questions for you?’ Liam inquired, handing Amie a warm cup of tea. She took a sip before placing the mug down again. After no thought at all Amie began to fire questions at us, and we did our best to answer them. ‘Where are we?’ Amie asked first, an obvious starting place, Liam answered. ‘London, we all live here, and by we I mean Zayn, Harry, Niall, Louis, Ashleigh, Jess, Amber and myself.’ I embellished Liam’s answer. ‘This is Jess and Liam’s apartment, Zayn and I live in a building not too far away from here, Amber and Niall have a house together, Louis and Ashleigh bought a house and are living slightly further away.’ Amie nodded, a look of concentration plastered on her beautiful face, she is obviously trying to piece together our lives. ‘And Ash and Louis?’ she questioned, I nodded, ‘are married, you were in fact the maid of honour, and I was the best man!’ I answered with a smile, it had been an incredible day, absolutely perfect for the two of them! Not to mention that I had set the bar very high for the standard of best man speeches. ‘Okay, those were the easy ones,’ Amie blurted with a stern look, ‘what happened with the Olympics?’ I knew this was coming and I know what she’s going to ask next. ‘Australia won team bronze, you also won a gold medal on bars and silver on vault. Amber won the all-around event and placed 1st on vault. Ashleigh won gold on floor and bronze on beam. All of that made you the first Australian’s to medal in gymnastics making history,’ Liam answered, pure astonishment crossed Amie’s countenance, I don’t think that she believed us. She shook her head in amazement, ‘and what about Jess?’ she quizzed. I knew that this question was coming. ‘After her anorexia starting making her ill she lost her spot on the national team and had to spend time in rehab. She’s spent the rest of the time touring with us as our drummer, hence why she is now busy recording.’ Liam answered, his guilt ridden face showed that he really refused to forgive himself for the way he lead her on. Amie really appeared gutted at Liam’s answer, leaving her completely speechless. We continued filling Amie in for a few hours, we were hoping that we could bring back some of her memory but we got nothing.

‘I can imagine you’ve had just about enough Amie,’ Liam said thoughtfully, we’d being talking for well over an hour at this stage. She gave a small nod in reply. Liam jumped up and cleared the empty mugs from the coffee table that sat in front of us. ‘Would you like me to take you two home?’ Liam asked collecting his wallet and keys from the end of the marble bench top. ‘Yes thanks!’ I exclaimed hopping up (quite literally) to get my crutches. Amie stood up and we followed Liam out to the car. Amie and I both jumped in the back seat, I lay my crutches along the floor.

After a very shot and quiet drive we arrived at my building, Zayn was unloading a box from the boot of his car. We followed Zayn onto the second floor, and into my apartment. Boxes were spread out all over the floor. ‘That’s the last one,’ Zayn exclaimed wiping his brow. He gave a quick wave before leaving the apartment. ‘Call us if you need anything,’ Liam said before giving Amie and I a hug. ‘Will do,’ I replied with a wave as Liam shut the door behind him, leaving the two of us alone. 

------------------------------------

Remember to let me know if you like this story and I'll work on more updates!!!