10

Lucy's POV

I wake up to feeling rustling under my head. I rub my eyes with my arms and slowly get up. 

"Oh, your up. Sorry I was trying to be descret." I hear Natsu say. 

Wait, Natsu....

I stare at Natsu.

"What's wrong Luce, is there something on my face?" He asks, confused. I start to tear up in joy. I then reach up and hug him. "Thank God your okay." I whimper. He chuckles and hugs me back. "Please. It's going to take a lot more to get rid of me." he smirks. "Idiot! You could've died!" I pout. "But I'm here now." Natsu grins. I frown and hug him tighter. 

"Hey, I'm up here."

I look at him and give him a wierd look. He then takes my face and puts his lips on mine. I kiss him back as he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. I grabbed his head, pushing him closer. He licked my lower lip as I tugged on his hair.

"Alright, I'm going to check his blood pressure and then.... Oh My! I'm sorry!" I see Wendy squeal before running away. I blush. "N-No! I's not what it looks like!" I say quickly, waving my hands infront of my face. Natsu laughs nervously and rubs the back of his head. 

"Wendy? Why are you running away?! We have work to do!" Porlyusica scolds as she walks in. "Oh, your awake. But why were you running?" she turns to Wendy. I see Wendy blush as Natsu discretely holds one finger to his mouth, signaling to stay quiet. "I, ah, It was just some bug, nothing much!" Wendy smiles. The old lady looks at the child, before shrugging it off. 

"How are you feeling, Natsu?" Porlyusica asks. "I'm fine. I think I'm fully healed." Natsu boasts proudly. Wendy is taken aback. "Your in a good mood Natsu, your never this happy..." she trails off. "Alrighty. If you're alright, come walk to the door." Porlyusica explains.

 "That's easy." Natsu gets up and flinches. I can tell he's in pain, but I can also tell that he's determined to walk. He takes one step before falling over in pain. "Natsu!" I rush next to him and help him back to his bed. "Just as I thought. Besides..." Porlyusica walks over. She presses on a certain part of Natsu's stomach that makes him scrunch his face up. "I know, you've dealt with worse torture, but whatever chemical those boys stabbed you with is weakening your pain tolerance. You have to wait a few days before it fully wears off." Porlyusica frowns. "D-damn!" Natsu balls his fist. I sense his anger and hug him from the side, putting my cheek on his shoulder. He calmed down a bit.

"Excess movement can also make your wounds stretch bigger, and some wounds can't do that without causing permanent damage to your body. So I suggest you rest till I tell you your good!" Porlyusica scolds. 

"Anyways, I'm going to leave you to rest. You, lady, should do the same." She narrows her eyes before leaving, Wendy following close behind. I let go of Natsu. "Hey, Luce?" I quirk my head. "Yeah, Natsu?" 

"I-I'm sorry. About not telling you about the Mafia thing. I wanted to protect you. It's not the safest job, you know." Natsu chuckles sadly. "At least you know why I was always out so late and left so early. I was going to tell you eventually, I just..... didn't want you to leave me..." 

My heart melts at his sudden confession. "Natsu... I wont leave you. I don't think I could leave you even if I tried." I giggle. "Besides, I understand why you didn't tell me. I heard everything the attackers said..." I explain. Natsu nods. "So you were there. Wait, your not mad?" I kiss his cheek softly. "No." 

"I don't think they trust me, so how will Happy be fed?" I ask. "Don't worry, I've trained him for moments like these. He can go up to a month without being fed, so we won't have to worry about him." Natsu explains. I sigh in relief. 

Natsu takes a deep breath. He seems more relaxed. "But Natsu, why are those mafias searching for me? Why does my father want me back?" I shiver. Natsu sighs. "I dunno, but about a year after we ran away, your father started partnering with other Mafia's to find you. We, however, knew you ran away. We don't like accepting deals when we know it will harm an innocent person, so we try to stay away from those jobs." He tells me. 

"I was with you and I obviously didn't want your father to find you, so I declined immediately. I didn't talk about you to the others because I didn't know if someone would betray us and sell you out for the reward money, so I kept quiet about you. No one knew for the longest time, until the mafia that attacked me before sent me pictures of you and I. That's when I knew that they found out. I started stressing and became very overprotective."

I nod. "Thank you. For everything. I owe you, Natsu." 

Natsu shakes his head. "I t-told you, y-you don't owe me a-anything..." Natsu stutters, his eyes fluttering. "Natsu? Are you alright?" I panic. "There's t-two of you Luce...." Natsu mumbles. I shake my head. "Your dizzy. From all those head injuries, I'm not surprised. Although, it might be the medicine they used.." I gently lay Natsu down. "Shhh, go to sleep. I'll see you later." I smile. Natsu smiles gently before dozing off. 

It really hurt watching him. I don't know if the others could tell, but I could see that he was in so much pain. He was trying to hide it so that the doctors and I wouldn't worry, but I could see through it anyways by the way he was trying to stay completely still. Also, when I hugged him, I could feel how tense his body was. I could even feel some veins popping up. He was trying so hard so that I wouldn't worry. It just made me feel even worse about the current situation.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek, but I quickly wiped in away. No!  I state internally. I won't cry!

 I'll be strong, for Natsu!

"Lucy..." Natsu murmurs. I turn to face Natsu. "Natsu! I thought you were sleeping!" I pout, trying to ease him back to sleep. "I can never sleep, I always keep one eye open. I have to. It's my job." Natsu coughs before continuing. 

"You were crying .."