6

Natsu's POV

Weeks have passed and Sabertooth seems to be catching on to me. I've been getting more mail with pictures of her edited to look like she's dead or crosses out, just to give me paranoia. I knew this, because whenever I'd come home in a hurry looking for her, she'd be just fine; sitting on the couch unbothered. It was driving me absolutely crazy and people were starting to pick up on it.

I grumbled as I pushed myself out of bed, a bit hesitant to disturb my peaceful attitude.

I got ready to leave and looked at my watch. It was 6:00am, which meant I had about 30 minutes left to spare before Lucy woke up and questioned me. I better go then.

I put my hand on the doorknob and hear a small noise. "Natsu?" Even though her voice is soft and a bit raspy, I could still hear her. It was Lucy. Dang, and I thought I had time too.

"It's 6am. What are you...?"  I open the door quickly and walk out of the house. "H-hey, where are you-" I shut the door. I know it's rude and that I'll definitely get it later, but I didn't want to face her right now. I was way to stressed and I didn't want to take it out on her.

I sigh. This is going to be a long day.

°✧✦✧°✧✦✧°

I'm at my office packing up when I get a message. The number was unknown. Oh well, I'll just get Levy to look at it later, I think. I open the message and drop my phone.

No way...

I dash out my office and to my car, trying to make as little of a deal as possible. I turn on my car and drive straight to the place, hoping I'm not too late.

The text I received showed a picture of Lucy sitting in her favorite cafe. I could tell the picture was from awhile ago, because of how short her hair was compared to now. My real question was what their plans were, and why they would send me this picture now. It put me on edge. I'm lucky that I was finished with my work so leaving wasn't so surprising or risky, although I would leave either way.

I arrive at the house. It's really weird seeing it somewhat lit up. I'm so used to coming after 12am, and right now it's almost 9pm. Hey, twilight still counts as light. That's why it's called twi-light!

I open the door. "Hello?" I shut it silently before cautiously walking forward. "Anyone home?" I ask, not wanting to be specific in case someone other than Lucy is actually here.

That's weird, Lucy normally answers me by now. "Hello?" I ask with a hint of confusion in my voice.

Almost in response, I hear the door open. Lucy walks in and takes off her shoes. "Lucy! Thank God, I was worried about you!" She ignores me and walks into the living room, passing me. "Lucy? ...Is something wrong?" She continues to ignore me and turns on the TV.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" I grab the remote from her hand and turn the TV off, the hand which she's now clenching into a fist."Is something wrong" She mimics me with a pained grin on her face. "Where were you? You got home so late..." She laughs. "Your  telling me that I'm late?! What a joke. I'm not the one who stays out without telling their significant other. I don't even know what you do!" I take a deep breath. "I understand, but-"

"Do you really understand? Do you really wait hours just to see me? Just to know I'm okay? Do you really never know where I am?" I pause. She did have a point, I barely texted or called, so she would only see me when I was home, which was normally when she was asleep. So that's why she stays up...

"Do you?! I'm talking to you.." She spat, mimicking me yet again. "Okay maybe I don't understand, but you don't understand what I go through!" I defend myself. It wasn't completely my fault!