3

Natsu's POV

The office was rather quite today; Laxus and the Thunder God gang were still in recovery. The fact that this attack had happened so close to home means that they could come here at any time, which made many people uneasy. Most members weren't going out without being armed or without other people accompanying them. It was as if that group secretly declared war.

The whole ordeal wasn't easy on me either. As the leader of this huge chain, people looked to me for guidance or directions; which I didn't have. I was too busy trying to find the cause and the goal of this attack. The stress was building up too. I was just lucky that most mafias that knew what I looked like were too scared to attack me on sight.

I sigh as I hop out of my chair. It was about 1:45pm, which meant the meeting was going to start soon. I straighten my tie before walking into the room. I hope this is quick.

°✧✦✧°✧✦✧°

Inside are the 3 other heads. Gray brought his girlfriend, Juvia Lockser; Jellal brought his wife, Erza Fernandez; and Gajeel brought his girlfriend, Levy McGarden. I don't mind them bringing their S/O's, especially since all three are an active role in the company. You could say that they are also heads of their branches, minus the bloodline. My only problem is it temps me to want to announce my relationship even more.

"Can, we make this quick? Erza had an appointment today and she's rather.... tired.." Jellal states, trying to come up with a word that wont make her want to kill us all. We all nod our heads in awareness. We all knew how angry Erza could get, especially when she's nine months pregnant and extremely hormonal.

"Yes. I have other things to do as well, so I'd rather finish this soon." I reply before looking at Gray. "Gray, what do you know?"

Gray clears his throat. "Well, Laxus and his Thunder God gang were attacked at the Clover Station, on their way back from a mission. It's unknown who attacked them, but they were left with some very gruesome wounds. It happened about 4 days ago, late at night." Gray explains. "Have Wendy and Porlyusica given a report on his conditions?" Jellal asks.

Wendy and Porlyusica were our doctors. Porlyusica has been our doctor since our parents were in the business, so she's pretty experienced. Wendy, however, was only 15 and knew only a handful. That's why Porlyusica is helping her. Wendy was also Jellal's younger cousin, so of course he'd be asking about her and her progress as a doctor.

"From what I've heard they're doing well. It won't stop the Stratus' from worrying though, especially Mira." Gajeel sighs. We all nod, understanding the situation. "Well, if it happens again, couldn't we have a sniper put a tracker on the weapon?" Levy asks. "That's not a bad idea..." Jellal thinks it over. "Juvia could get some of her spies to check the location out.." Juvia suggests. "Well, it looks like we have a plan. We just need to think it over a bit and refine it." I say. Everyone nods. This is going to take awhile...

°✧✦✧°✧✦✧°

We were able to finish in the next hour, and contact people to help with the job. We just needed those bastards to come out. For now though, we're 'safe'.

I wanted to go check on Laxus before I left to see if I could figure out anything else that could help. I knew Lucy would be mad since it was already late, but I had to do this. He was only located on the floor below me anyways.

When I walked in I saw Mira sleeping on the couch and Laxus looking at the ceiling. He had a huge scar on his arm and small scratches on his face. It looked like he had a pink eye, but it healed. "Oi, Laxus..." I say, getting his attention. He looks over at me and sits up."Boss. I wasn't expecting you here." I shrug my shoulders. "I came for information, of course. Do you remember what the attackers looked like, or anything they said?"

He nods before looking up in thought. "Lets see... they wore all black and these weird masks, so I know that they were hired by someone. They also asked if I knew where the girl is... I didn't know who they were talking about so they just attacked. That's all I know, sorry Boss." I shake my head. "Your fine."

At some point Laxus' wife, Mira, must have woken up because she was waiting at the door when I finished talking to Laxus. She pulled me outside into the hallway. "Natsu..." She looked at me.

The Stratus' were very close with Dragneels, so close that we considered each other cousins. So, naturally, I considered the three siblings family.

"Natsu, I'm not going to say much." Mira looks down. Just by her dried tears I can tell she's extremely worried. She looks back up at me. "Give them Hell." She looks deeply into my eyes. I can already tell what she means. "Yes ma'am." I nod. Mira releases her gaze and takes a deep breath. "Well then, I'm sure you have many other important stuff to tend to, so I'll leave you be." Mira waves goodbye. I wave back at start to head home. It was already 12am, which means Lucy is definitely going to kill me. Oh well though, I had a job to do.

And that was protecting her, which means making sure mafia messes don't get too out of hand.

°✧✦✧°✧✦✧°

I enter the house silently. It doesn't seem like Lucy is up because all the lights are off, but knowing her, it's probably some scheme to catch me of guard.

I walk into our room and turn on the light. From what I could see, she's asleep. Thank Goodness... I don't think I would be able to tell her a lie this time, I wasn't in the mood. I sigh. I take off my shirt and change into sweat pants. I go to the light switch and turn it off when I feel arms wrap around my torso. Crap! She's awake. I silently curse in my head. "Natsu.." she murmurs. "I'm sorry. I really tried to come home early." "It's not about that..." Lucy says. "Do you trust me, Natsu...?"

What she asks shocks me. "What do you mean Luce? I-" "Don't pretend like you don't know Natsu." She raises her voice a little. "You and I both know that your not out 'drinking' every night. Your not like that Natsu." She says softly. I turn around to see her tearing up. "You're not... you're not cheating on me, are you?" My eyes grow wide. "I get that I'm bossy and act like a smartass sometimes. I'm needy and I complain too much, but I really do love you...."

I wanted to yell at her and tell her it wasn't true. I wanted to tell her that I loved her so much and that I would never treat her like that. But the words wouldn't come out. They couldn't. I was in too much shock.

Lucy nodded, misreading the situation. "Don't follow me." She turns to leave but I grab her arm.

"Lucy... Everything I said two days ago wasn't a lie. I truly, completely adore you and love you; I wouldn't dream of doing anything to harm you." I rush out. She turns around and crashes into me; holding me tight. I pause, before holding her back. "C-can we.... stay like this for a while?" she stutters. "Sure, Luce..." I say, stroking her golden hair.

What shocked me next was her soft snores. Normally, Lucy would use opportunities like these to look for something to prove me wrong, but this time she just fell asleep. I guess she didn't want her theory to be true. She wanted to trust me.

I picked her up and laid her on the bed before climbing in myself.

I don't want her to feel this way.

So I'm going to work harder, to make sure she feels loved.