We Are Sick - Chapter Eight

We Are Sick

Chapter Eight

Amelie still hadn't seen Ken anywhere since the mini gathering in Adam's dorm, she didn't have a clue of where he was. Where does someone like Ken even go anyway? The Library? He couldn't have, it's closed at this time of the evening. He didn't have any friends to go to. Did he? Well, there was Mandy but Amelie doubted that he was with her. She was with Adam and Markus, when the two left. She had hoped too that he wasn't with his Effective Killing Teacher; the mention of her made her shiver.

She hated to still think about what happened after the Results on Monday, but she couldn't understand why Miss. Turner would even have the intention to make a move on Maurice. Maurice, out of all people. What did he have that made her so attracted to him? Well, it has been repeated various of times, but...he was really attractive. That made her suddenly remember back to that hug. She hated to admit it, but she really enjoyed and wanted another one really badly. Adam's were never good, probably because it would tempt him into groping her. Guys. She never understood them.

She got into bed as she was so exhausted, she looked up at the ceiling. When would Ken come back she wondered. Why was she always so concerned with him? He was old enough to watch himself, she was just so used to being there for him. She rolled over to pick up the phone and was attempting to call him about his whereabouts, if he ever answered....

The entire academy was disturbed by a loud, beeping sound. Amelie screamed and covered her ears. Not only did it scare the living day lights out of her, but it was loud as hell. She had never heard anything like it in her entire life. When was this dreadful sound ever used in this school? She jumped out of the bed and rushed out of the dorm in her nightwear. She saw other students walking around in their pyjamas, looking as confused as she was.

"What the hell is going on?" One of the students asked. Some of the students looked calm, whilst others looked frightened and panicking. Amelie felt a sense of panic also, because she had no idea what was going on.

"Maybe, this a new fire drill?" Someone asked.

"But I've never heard this sound in my life. It sounds like something bad has happened."

"What if it's a group of intruders?" The other students whispered among themselves.

"Students of the L.A.S Academy, this is an emergency and we need you to stay calm. There has been an infiltration at the city barriers." Amelie's heart stopped right then. Londona was infiltrated? How could it be? They had the best guards protecting them, "The invaders have the agenda to terrorise government buildings, which includes this school. We need to safely and quietly evacuate all students and staff to our secret hideout. The Elite Squad are being called so you are all in safe hands, we just need to you be calm and wait for further instructions."

Ken. Where was Ken? Amelie turned around to bump into Adam, who quickly pulled her into a hug. He had been looking for her for ages.

"Amelie, thank god you're ok." He sighed, relieved.

"Have you seen Ken?" Amelie asked quickly, trying to stand on her tiptoes looking through the crowded hall of students. Adam sighed.

"Yeah, he's with Mandy..." So, he was with her after all. She felt frustrated and slightly jealous at the fact that Ken wasn't with her, "What do you think is going on out there?" Amelie shook her head at him.

"I don't know." She whispered. Adam noticed her slightly trembling.

"Amelie, you're shaking. Are you ok?" Adam held her hands in attempt to calm her down. She shook her hand away, she didn't want him to think she was weak and unable to handle an emergency. She could imagine how Maurice would react to all of this. Extremely calm. She wanted to be the same.