~Chapter 3~

**Okay everyone, here's a real long chapter. =] Hope you like it! Comments are welcome.**

Chandler's POV

Ah, the sound of slamming lockers, I thought. I walked over to my own, and spun the dial, putting in my combination: 6, 8, 18. I opened it and took out my science book, which I had left inside yesterday.

"Chandelier!" Without turning around, I knew it was Josh. I heard him laugh.

"Get it? Like Chandler, only it sounds better." Riiight, I thought, rolling my eyes. I turned to face him.

"Josh, who is she?" I asked.

"Oh, now. Come on, that's the hello I get?"

"Fine. Hey, Josh. Now who did you set me up with?" I asked impatiently. He'd kept me waiting all morning on the way here.

"Fine, I'll tell you her name. And then you can try to find her." Uugggh, a compromise! Still, it was better than nothing.

"'Kay, tell me." He cupped his hands over his mouth and whispered her name. Okay, then, mystery date. I'm coming to find ya.

I closed my locker and walked to my first period, hoping maybe I'd have her in one of my classes. I'd just gotten a schedule change, and I didn't really know the people in my periods that well yet. So, she might be in one of mine...

I'd try asking around. See if anyone knows her. Maybe even one of the teachers? I don't know, but I will find out who she is. And before the dance, too.

Sam's POV

We pulled up at the school. It was pretty big, with the words "Riverside Middle School" in white on the front, with a pretty, light blue river drawn under it. It was two story, and the office was right in the front.

I hopped out of the car and waited while my mom got her purse. Then I followed her into the office.

There were a bunch of computers, and ladies hard at work on them. We stopped at the counter and waited. After a bit, my mom cleared her throat. The lady closest to us looked up, pushing her glasses back onto her nose.

"How may I help you?" she asked.

"My daughter is new here. This is her first day. She missed the orientation. Can I please have her schedule and locker information?"

"Yes, it's in the back. What's her name?"

"Samantha DeCardi," my mom answered. The office lady nodded, picked up a pen, and scurried down a hallway. We waited patiently for her to come back. I knew I'd be late. We should've gotten up earlier, but my alarm clock didn't go off because it was still set to Texas time. And then I spent a while choosing an outfit. I'm not usually a picky person with clothes, but it was my first day and I needed to make a good impression. I ended up settling on my new black converse, jeans capris, and a green short-sleeved shirt. On the shirt was "Sam" written in these really cool 3D letters. I figured it would be easier for people to remember my name that way.

The office lady came back, holding a manila folder.

"Here you go," she said, handing me my schedule. "And..." She grabbed a sticky note pad, looked at another paper in the folder, and wrote down my locker number and combination. She handed me the note.

"You're locker is upstairs, even though some seventh graders have them downstairs. I figured it would be easier since most of your classes are up there. Okay, all your classes are upstairs, which is mostly the seventh grade. You have P.E and lunch down here, though. If you have trouble finding your classes, ask someone. If you get to them late because you had trouble finding them, it's okay. The first few days are confusing, and the teacher's know. Just remind them you're new," she told me. I nodded, trying to remember it all.