~Chapter 5~

**Okay, thank you so much to the 185 readers! =] I wish you'd comment, so I could hear your thoughts, but thank you for reading, anyway.

Here we go, Chapter 5! Things are picking up!**

Chandler's POV

I woke up with one thought on my mind: I'm going to see Samantha.

"Woah," I muttered to myself. I'd known the girl for a day, and I was already thinking about her?

I got up, threw some clothes on, and lugged myself into the bathroom. I grabbed a small brown comb and tugged it through my matted, thick brown hair. I returned to my room, picked up my backpack, and jumped down the stairs two at a time.

"Well, Chandler, aren't you loud?" I heard my mom say from the kitchen. I smelled eggs and bacon. Yum!

"Why yes, yes I am." I sat down in one of the chairs, picking up a plate and filling it with scrambled eggs and bacon from the big platter in the middle of the table.

My mom raised her eyebrows, filling up two plates for her and Josh and laying them on the table.

"Go get the juice," she said, rolling her eyes, smiling.

"'Kay." I went to the fridge and got out the 2-liter bottle of orange juice. I also got three cups and filled them when I got back to the table.

"Josh!" my mom called, walking to the foot of the stairs. "Hurry up! Eggs and bacon! Don't let it get cold!"

"If it does, can I have it?" I asked her when she returned, smiling like an idiot. She scowled and flicked my head as she walked by me. Yeah, that's my mom for you. Seems more like an older sister, huh?

I quickly gobbled up most of my breakfast, downing my orange juice in two big gulps. My mom just rolled her eyes. This wasn't new to her. Josh came thundering down the stairs, practically leaping into his seat.

"Bacon!" he exclaimed, spearing two pieces with his fork. He stuffed it in his mouth and chewed.

"Yeah, that's right," I said, shaking my head. "Don't give that bacon a chance to run away."

"Look who's talking," he countered, gesturing to my almost empty plate.

"Well...bleh," I finally said. I didn't feel like arguing. I finished my last bit of eggs and excused myself from the table. I swept my phone off the counter in one, quick motion and clicked the center button. The screen lit up, awakening from sleep mode. I went to my messages, clicked "Compose", and clicked on Thaila's name when contacts came up.

Hey, sleepy head.

Bet you're not even awake yet.

Thought I'd try anyway.

Do you know Sam's #?

I preferred to keep good grammar, even in text messages. I admit it, I'm a bit of a grammar nerd. Psssh, a bit? A voice in my head said. I ignored it.

I tossed my phone onto the couch, plopping down beside it. I clicked on the TV, killing some relax time before I had to finish getting ready for school. I clicked through the channels. Boring, boring, boring, history, blah, blah, boring...

The twinkling sound of my message ringtone startled me. I was pretty sure Thaila was still asleep at this time.

Lolz, sleepy?

Been up since 7, doof. XD

Y? U in <3 w/ her now?

Ugh, I thought. I knew she'd say that.