~Chapter 7~

**Hey, sorry it took a while! Here's Chapter 7! And it's long, too!**

Sam's POV

I did my homework, ate a quick snack, and decided to call Thaila. And then maybe Chandler...maybe.

She picked it up on the second ring.

"Hey Sam!" She sounded happy I was calling her. "What's up?"

"The sky," I joked, smiling. She laughed.

"Your back," Thaila said, as if I'd been away for a long time. 

"Yup. So, I was just, you know...thinking about today. Sorry for my attitude at my locker."

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry for ruining it." She didn't have to explain what 'it' was. We both  knew it was Chandler and I's almost-kiss. There was a bit of silence before she continued.

"It just kind of shocked me," she went on. "C and I look out for each other, you know? I'm not saying you're bad or anything, but-"

"You just don't really know me," I finished.

"Exactly. And, I don't know...it was just a little weird. Since you're technically not dating him. And you just kind of met him, too. It was kind of...sudden."

"Plus, even though it might not seem like it, Chandler doesn't date much. And he never kissed anyone. He's not one of those player guys, and I just want to see him with the right person," she added.

"I know, it was kind of sudden," I agreed.

"And I thought he was pretty cool as a friend, but I didn't really know I liked him, liked him until that," I said, lying a bit. Okay, maybe I liked him a lot before that. Ever since I saw him at the window. Love at first sight, a voice whispered in my head. I knew I should shush it, but it was right. I doubt Thay would understand that though. Maybe I'll tell her later.

"Liar," she said playfully. "I know you liked him before." Okay, maybe I won't have to tell her later...

"What? How?" I asked. She just laughed.

"I can see it in your eyes. And the way you talk and look at him," Thay explained. Wow...was it that obvious? Did he know? Oh, gosh I hope not...

"You looked like you totally wanted to kiss him," she added. I blushed.

"Maybe," I tried to say without emotion, but she just chuckled.

"You know, you seem to make him really happy."

"Yeah?"

"Uh huh. He's always smiling now. Well, he always smiles a lot, but it's different."

"Really?" I wondered, trying not to get too carried away.

"Yup. I've known him since like, forever, Sam," Thaila said. "I know everything about him." She laughed again.

"So...you gonna ask him to be your boyfriend?"

"Oh, I don't know...I don't think so..."

"Why not? You should!" she exclaimed. I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"No way. If he asks, then yes."

"Why?" she whined. I had to fight off a laugh. Oh, Thay.

"I'm not sure if he wants to. If he asks, then he does. Simple," I explained.

"But he does like you! I know!"

"Bleh," I said, laughing. "If you get him to ask me, I'll accept. But I'm not asking."