a gloomy saturday morning

"morning," you murmured, chin resting on kuroo's chest as he laid on his back. his eyes fluttered open and his hands immediately lifted to rub his eyes.

"good morning," he mumbled back, "were you staring at me until i woke up?"

you chuckled, shaking your head. "no stupid, i see your face enough. i knew you were awake."

he smiled with his eyes closed and mentally rolled his eyes at your remark. he missed it last night so of course he'd hear something first thing in the morning. his hand gently patted your bum which resulted to a scoff from you. nonetheless, you moved off of him knowing what he wanted. as soon as you settled yourself in your own space on his bed, he stretched his limbs and rolled around a little.

"what do you wanna do today?" you asked, curling up on your side and watching him stretch like a cat, "it looks gloomy out."

kuroo hummed in response and laid himself on his back with his arms stretched out above him. "wanna go visit kenma? or nekoma? they still have morning practices." he looked up at you with a stupid smile, already knowing that you hated the idea. after all, you never attended their saturday morning practices on time as their manager back in high school. you came an hour late dressed in your pajamas and slept the rest of the time you were there.

"should i ask you again?" you sighed, pouting at his answer.

he laughed and pushed himself to sit up, rubbing his face awake and then running his hands through his hair. "i dunno," he told you truthfully, turning to you with a small smile. there wasn't much to do in his mind. he always preferred being inside with you and being close so he couldn't find an activity he was really up for. except for cuddling. even thinking about later tonight he didn't have much of an idea. the only thing he cared for was to be glued against you. maybe study. but not much else. "what about you?" he asked.

you shrugged, rolling yourself over to where he was seated so you could wrap your arms around his torso. "not much. as long as we're together." you pressed a small kiss in between his shoulder blades.

his body shuddered which you felt and giggled at. he found your giggles amusing and a smile formed on his lips. "yeah okay," he chuckled, "whatever it is as long as i'm beside you."