a tiring thursday afternoon

a nap could do you good. whether it was a nap alone or a nap with kuroo, as long as you got some sleep you were fine. you had a busy morning: doing the groceries while kuroo went to go attend a volleyball practice at school, clean the house to freshen up the vibe of your living space, prepare and cook lunch for both you and kuroo. now that everything was done, you truly felt the fatigue kick in. quite brutally.

you made your way to the living room where kuroo currently was, doing more of his studies on his own. at this point, you couldn't care more about being a bother.

"hey, what's up?" he called out upon hearing you drag your feet along the floor to which you responded to with a grunt. this made him chuckle and turn your direction causing him to laugh some more. "you look terrible."

you nodded. it was all you could muster.

as soon as you reached your destination, the couch, you plopped yourself down beside him and let your body test against his. he let you hug his arm and snuggle up close to keep yourself comfortable. it was the least he could do for you after going out of your way again.

usually it was the both of you who did groceries and cleaned the house. he assumed you did it by yourself again because of his schedule. there was no complaints from him but it did leave some guilt. it was why he never said much when you asked for help no matter how much he hated whatever task you had given him. he was grateful.

"tired, y/n?" he asked softly, bringing his free hand to brush your hair back.

of course, you didn't respond. you were already asleep and the look on your face seemed so relax. he was glad you found being by his side a place to sleep. it was reassuring for him as he was doing something for you too.

but sometimes it didn't feel like it was enough.

he kissed the top of your head and went back to his studies. but this time with the thought of what he could cook for dinner for the both of you lingering in his mind too.