Chapter 3

Jessica's p.o.v.

Before I walked out of the door for Chresanto & I's date, I did a quick glance in the mirror. I had a curve fitting, tube top black dress on that stopped two inches above my knees and some silver open toed pumps with silver accessories. My hair was curled with a few falling in my face. I looked GOOD & the way Chresanto's mouth dropped when he saw me confirmed that. He looked delicious as well with his red fitted v neck, some loose skinny leg jeans, & his red & white chuck taylors. If I didn't enjoy anything else on my date, looking at this sexy boy would at least do me some type of justice. Roc was definitely the perfect gentleman. He opened my door for me & even pulled out my chair at dinner. We decided to eat at Ruby Tuesday's & as we waited for our food,his phone would not stop going off. I started off by saying little sly remarks like "you got the hot line don't you?", to just flat out getting mad.

"Not to be rude or anything, but your phone is starting to get on my nerves."

"I know I'm sorry. Ajah started blowing me up when I told her I was on a date with you."

I rolled my eyes from the sound of her name. She was just flat out pathetic and it was beginning to get sad.

"What is her deal? Like why does she act like that? She doesn't even know me to be giving me the cold shoulder."

"Ajah has been in love with me for the longest but she's been our best friend for years. I couldn't see me risking our friendship to be in a relationship. i guess she see's that I'm interested in you and she's getting jealous. I haven't had a girl friend in a while so it's probably bothering her."

"Well it seems like she's about to make me lose my freedom because she is begging to get her ass handed to her."

I said as I sipped on my drink. I could slowly but surely see me whooping her ass in the near future.

"Hopefully it won't get to that point."

Overall, Chresanto & I had a great time. He was a completely different person from when I first met him so I assumed he'd just been trying to get me to like him at first. This new side of him though is the one that caught my attention. I could really tell I was starting to like him.

-----

My first day of school that following Monday was quite awkward. I got the expected stares & went through the occasional finger pointing, but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was a junior while the boys & girls were seniors so I guess it seemed weird for me to be hanging with them according to the other students. In my opinion, I fit right in. Since the boys & girls had different practices going on, I decided to walk home from school. The house was kind of far from the school, but I didn't mind. I could use a little bit of exercise and the November weather in Philly was refreshing. I was definitely a winter person. As I approached the neighborhood, I saw a familiar house. The one that I met that boy at. I couldn't recall seeing him at school & since he didn't look old enough to have already graduated, I assumed he was sick. I decided to go check on him so I walked up to his house & rung the doorbell. About 15 seconds later, the door slowly open but no one was there & Ray seemed to have popped out of nowhere. I had to blink a couple of times & just figured my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Ray's p.o.v.

Once I heard my doorbell ring, I instantly got confused. As far as anyone else knew, this house was vacant. I floated down the stairs in an intangible state & opened the door to Jessica standing there. I quickly went back to my normal state, hoping she didn't realized what happened.

"Umm hey Jessica. What are you doing here?"

She made a little face. I was hoping she didn't feel any type of way by me saying it like that but I was just taken by surprise.

"Hey umm I came by because I thought that you were sick since I didn't see you at school."

"Umm. I don't go to school."

"Ohh ok. I thought maybe you were my age. I'm sorry to have bothered you."

"Oh no you're not bothering me. Sorry if I came off that way. I am the same age as you but I don't.. I don't go to school anymore. I umm.. haven't attended public school in 2 years."

Jessica's p.o.v.

I cocked my head to the side & looked at Ray like he was crazy. How was he my age but didn't go to school? I decided to ask another day because I felt like I was being a bit nosey. I felt something wet hit my cheek & roll down. I wiped it off, looking at it in disgust & then most starting falling. I looked up & realized that it was raining. I had no idea that was going to happen so I wasn't prepared to walk home in the rain. As much as I didn't want to, I had to swallow my pride & ask Ray this question.

Ray's p.o.v.

"Is it ok if I come inside until the rain stops? I didn't bring an umbrella with me like an idiot."

I wanted to tell her no so bad because I knew once I let her inside, she was going to want to ask even more questions but I decided to take a risk. She walked in & looked around in awe. The house was pretty dope on the inside I must say.

"Wow. Your house is beautiful Ray! Your parents don't mind me being in here do they?"

I scratched my head because I was unsure of how I wanted to answer that. I mean, I never knew my dad & once my mom saw me in ghost form, she left & never came back. I couldn't even blame her for doing it. It was hard enough to find me in my room dead and bleeding heavily all over the carpet in my room but to see me in ghost form standing over my dead body was enough to put any sane person into a crazy home.

"Na. They're um.. out of town at the moment."

She nodded her head & I sighed with