Chapter 2

The silently weeping bride was seated in the groom's decorated car for her new beautiful journey. Mother of bride, silently weeping on her dearest daughter farewell, held onto her son, who wished best for her sister. All were happy with the completion of such sacred event.

Soon everyone started to make there way out of the house to their car. But Hooria's mother, Abida, stood in the corner, with a worried look marred on her face . Her eye wandering from here to there in search of her beautiful daughter and loving husband.

Dialling the phone number for fifth time, answer remained same. The number you are trying to call is out of reach. The voice repeated.
Sighing heavily, she sat on a stool and then called out for Amir, her nephew.

"What happened chahi (auntie) ? You look tense? Is there any problem? Where is chahu Ali (uncle)." He bombarded the questions as he looked at her aunt tensed face.

"Son I don't know. I have been calling Ali for so long but he haven't picked up once. I am so worried. And Hooria, that stupid girl! God knows where she is. I haven't seen her since nikkah. Son, please do something. I am so worried." The mother confessed her worry. A frown appeared on Amir face as he listened to her auntie.

"Auntie Abida, don't worry Hooria must be in some room or with some cousin. I will go find uncle Ali." He said as he rushed out of the house.

Abida wiped the sweat from her forehead and started to look around the house, in search of Hooria. Frantically moving from here to there, her tread was broken from the ringing of phone.

Ali Calling......

Quickly sliding to green arrow she spoke "Hello? Ali? Where are you! You were not present throughout the ceremony! Where are you?"
Her voice louder with worry lacing each word.
When no reply was heard from the other end she again called.

"Ali....?"
"Ali why are you not saying anythi—."
Her voice was cut off by loud sound of man crying. Her husband cries....

"Ya Allah! Ali please tell me whats the matter! You are scaring me. Please say something Ali?" Her breathing quickened then before.
Tension shoot through her nerves.

What is wrong with her husband?where is her daughter?

Panic taking best out of her.

"Abida..." her husband spoke at last.

"Abida please come home p-please Abida come quick and don't tell anyone about it please. I-I need you. I am calling an uber for you. It will come in 5 minutes." Her husband voice hoarse and helpless made her heart crumpled. Frown lines appeared on her forehead.

"Hooria! I can't find her..! Is she with you?" She voiced her biggest worry.

".....yes." He replied after few seconds.

"Thank God! But please tell me what wrong—." And the line was cut. She stared at the phone absentmindedly.

Maybe call got cut by mistake...yes it must be so.......

Quickly, walking out of the gate she looked for any sign of über but find none.

"Chahi ?" Amir called as he came near.

"Ohh Amir beta! Your uncle called informing that he was having migraine so he headed home with Hooria. They didn't inform me about it, so I can enjoy the wedding function. They are so stupid they don't know how much worry they caused me like this!"
She explained as she saw the approaching über.

"Oh ok auntie thank God they are safe. And why are you going through über? Come I will drop." He said politely. Such a nice boy.....so perfect for my Hooria......sigh...