Chapter Eight

Hey guys, here is chapter eight of my story.

Please do vote if you like it and comment if you think i need to improve in areas as i need all the help i can get for the watty's!

much love  Blue-Eclipse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight

Swinging her bag over her shoulder, Ashleighn slumps herself in the passenger seat of the car, ready to begin her Saturday morning.

“Somebodies in a good mood this morning.” Jamie says in a sarcastic tone half laughing to himself, as he starts up the car.

 Not really paying any attention to what Jamie said, Ashleighn continues to stare out at the faint water droplets hitting her window.

 “Are you going to tell me what’s put my lil’ baby sis in a bad mood, or are you just going to sulk the whole way to White Rose Park?” Jamie asks glancing over at Ashleighn.

 “Oh I’m sorry; I didn’t realize I have to tell my dearest brother every single bit about my life.” She retorts back folding her arms across her chest as she does so.

 They travel in silence for a short while, no one saying anything, the only sound coming from the water droplets hitting the windows. Jamie just continues driving, and Ashleighn continues looking out of the window, neither of them knowing what to say next.

 "I'm sorry." Ashleighn says after some time, turning her head to face Jamie. "I didn't mean to snap at you like that."

 "Don't worry about it." he replies giving her one of his half smiles.

 "If you must know why I’m in such a mood, it's because my leg hurts so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to play today." she mumbles to her brother who just sits there laughing to what she has to say. “Don’t laugh. It’s a very serious matter to me!” She mentions playfully hitting him.

 "Clearly, but honestly Ashleighn, the fact that your leg is hurting is enough for you to wake up in a bad mood, it makes me worry about you sometimes."

 "What if it causes me an injury and I can't play for a couple of weeks? Then what will I do?"

 "You won't pick up an injury just because you've woken up with an ache in your leg. I promise you. And besides, as long as you warm up properly you'll be fine."

 "If you say so, but I'm holding you responsible if anything does happen."

 "Me? You're holding me responsible? If you get injured it's your own fault!" He laughs.

 "Nope, you said ‘I’ll be fine’, so I'm holding you responsible."

 *

 By the time they begin the game, the rain that was once a light drizzle has now turned into a down pour. The wind’s howling in people’s ears, deafening those taking shelter under the trees, and the twenty two players once dry and warm, now wet and cold.

 Five minutes: Already Liverpool Athletics have shown they’re the stronger side by keeping the ball well, even in these conditions. There have been no shots on goal yet, just the long build up.

 With much of Athletics possession being kept between the defenders and the two holding midfield players, Ashleighn has yet to touch the ball.

 Fifteen minutes: A free kick is awarded to White Roses after Amy tackles one of their players from behind. With it being awarded only a few yards outside the penalty box, it’s taken by Rose’s only striker – Jordan.