Prologue

Ok so this is the prologue to a story which i have been wanting to write for quite some time, but just didn't know the best way to do so. 

I would also like to enter this in the Watty awards 2012, so please leave a comment at the bottom, and please just press the orange vote button at the side (will only take a second). 

PS. this is a british story so when i tlak about football, it's soccer.

(EDITED)

By, Blue-Eclipse

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue  

‘Don’t aim for success in what you want; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.’ a quote from David Frost, the man who made it possible to Ashleighn to achieve her goals, her dreams, her wishes. 

Most people say that to get where you want to be, comes from sheer determination, willpower, always being on top, to never fail. But they’re wrong. For a person to have made no mistakes is a person who hasn’t tried, something that Ashleighn was told. And they were right, for every mistake was not failure, but a lesson to learn from, and in that she did. With each failed attempt that passed, a second try was an achievement, and if not the second, the third or the fourth was always there. So yes she may have had to repeat things over and over again. But in the long run, she was the winner.  

No short cuts can be taken on the ride to success, no matter how long the wait, only courage and patience. It’s a bit like the story of the tortoise and the hare – slow and steady wins the race. Being slow on the path to your goal is what gets you there, not skipping and getting ahead. For with that, you only have to turn back to learn something you missed the first time.  

Another way to look at it would be to think of it as a big deep, dark, never ending river with no bridge to the other side, but instead stepping stones.   

The cheat would be the one who falls at the last one, having to start all over again. But the achiever – the winner – would be the one who took it one small step at a time, only leaping when they knew for certain they were ready.    

So back to our quote we had before. Aiming for success leads to failure. But believing in what you do best leads to failure, but with achievements along the way.  

Yes it may take longer for you to see the finish line, but at least you know you’ve passed everything along the way with shining stars. And yes failure holds you back a little longer, but around the corner was your certificate of that small triumph, and the beginning of the future.