Chapter 9

After an hour of walking, with Joe carrying Alexia on his back, she finally came to again, only this times feeling dizzy and nauseous from the after-effects of the garlic smell. However, being outside in the...mildly fresh air in the city helped her recover, so they stayed out a little longer, walking around, shopped, went on a couple of tour buses, even taking more pictures of London. They had so much fun, they almost forgot about everything that had happened.

"Hey, why don't we all head back to the hotel. That way we can all takes nap or something and then later go out and do some night-time activities, like going to some clubs," Sydney suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea. Hey, maybe we could eat out somewhere as well. Like, before we go into any clubs," Nichole suggested with excitement.

"As long as there's no garlic around, then that's fine with me," Alexia reminded them, already shuddering at the thought of being near those awful herb-like vegetables.

Benny rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, we know Lexi," He said. "Now come on! Lets just go back to the hotel already! I wanna play a couple of video games that me and Ethan brought from home!"

"I hate to ask but...what exactly are the games you brought called?" Joe asked, already getting an idea that the video game somehow involved violence and supernatural.

"'Vampire Night' and 'Resident Evil 4'," Benny answered along with Ethan, both with wide grins on their faces. Everyone else groaned in annoyance at the two 'knuckle-heads'. They couldn't believe that after last night, they'd still want to play those gruesome video games.

"Hey, what can we say. We're monster fans, and we love monster video games! Can't change that, no matter how scary last night was," Ethan said without any hesitation.

"Whatever, let's just go back to our hotel and take a nap," Alexia said, yawning before she started walking off. The others soon followed.

As they were about to head back to their hotel though, they saw two men dressed in black walking towards them, looking both intimidating and familiar.

"Uh...didn't we already deal with the 'men in black' two days ago? Ethan asked, already sensing 'deja vu'.

"Yeah we did. Why the hell have they returned? We didn't do anything bad again...I think," Sydney said, her tone filled with uncertainty and confusion.

"Maybe it has to do with that incident we got involved last night in the museum," Nichole assumed.

"Well whatever the reason that these guys are here, I don't wanna wait around to find out!" Alexia cried out, not wanting to get captured in fear of being experimented on in case they found out about her 'condition'.

"Me neither, let's get the heck outta here!" Benny agreed before running off into the streets, with the others following quickly behind.

No sooner did they start running, the men rushed after them. "Oi, you there! Stop this instance!" one of them called out as they gained speed. Nevertheless the gang still ran away from them.

Few minutes later, the gang finally slowed down to catch their breaths, seeing that the men in black were no longer in their sight. It looked as though they had finally lost the two, until Benny saw, in the corner of his eyes, three men in black suits marching towards then in another route.

"Oh great, those two now have another buddy with them," Benny remarked with a melancholy tone, his shoulders slouched and his head dropped down in exhaustion.

"Yeah but, how in the world did they get here so quickly? And in another route?" Joe asked, surprised to see them so soon. He thought that with the speed they were in, those guys wouldn't appear again for at least another minute or two.

"Um...guys...I think I might know why," Sydney said while motioning the others to look behind them. As soon as the others turned round, they saw to their surprise the two men in black that they were being chased by earlier. So once again, they rushed off, getting away from those weird group of men in black suits as far away as possible.

Everywhere they went, there was always two or three more of those men appearing in every corner, while the rest chased after them from behind. Soon enough, there were so many of these guys after them, it made the actual 'men in black' people seem more appealing. In fact, if Benny was in a joking mood, he would have made a remark, saying that they were more like the clones from 'The Matrix' movie.

After a full two to three hours of nothing but running and hiding for their lives, the gang finally found an abandoned apartment building and went up the flight of stairs to the top roof, thinking that the top would be the last place that anyone would look for them. Although there was very little possibility that someone would try to look for them in an old, dusty and loose-floor boarding building like the one they were in. However at the very least, they could stay there until they felt sure that they wouldn't be followed by anyone else for a while.

As they finally reached the top, they all collapsed onto the floor, exhausted and hungry. It was only when they saw the time on the Big Ben clock from the distance, that they noticed it was already early evening time! Even the sun was already setting, slowly getting darker and darker.

After a few minutes of sighs, groans and reliefs, Benny was the first to speak. "So...are there...any of those...weirdos down there looking for us?" he asked in between breaths.

Ethan looked down to inspect. "No, but that doesn't mean that they're not about somewhere."

"So what do we do in the meantime?" Nichole asked with uncertainty.

"Well...the only thing we can do. Stay up here and wait until we know of sure that no one is looking for us," Joe explained

"Excellent idea," Sydney began, her tone filled with sarcasm. "That is until one of those guys decide to check this building from top to bottom, sees us and then call for back-up! Then we'll all be screwed!"

"Sydney, now is not the time to be a gloomy-guts. Let's just be lucky as well as grateful that none of those guys actually saw us going into this building," Alexia reasoned her friend before sitting down on the roof part of the building. "So let's just relax, and wait patiently."

Knowing that Alexia had a good point, everyone besides Ethan and Benny, who were at this point playing 'I Spy', sat still and waited patiently until they were certain that the men in black were gone.

After another half-hour of being up on the roof, looking down and checking for anyone strange trying to look for them until the sun had already started setting, disappearing into the dark clouds. Realizing that it was now night time, they decided that now they should get going.

"Come on, let's get out of this building and get the heck outta this part of the city. It doesn't look as if anyone knows that we're here yet," Joe stated as he started to get up from the floor, with the others following pursuit.

"Or so you think," a sinister voice suddenly said from behind, causing all six to freeze still from the tone.

As they slowly turned around, they saw, standing in front of the downstairs exit door and leaning on it casually, was none other than the blonde- haired 'vampire', Jasper. Unfortunately, he was not alone.

"It's a good think we found you up on this here flat so easily. Less chance of anyone rescuing you, and more time for us to deal with you," Jasper then said, grinning with excitement.

"Hey, you're that dude that Lexi and I punched in the face," Sydney pointed out, remembering that incident that happened before the fight began. Jasper narrowed his eyes with displeasure upon remembering as well.

"Oh yeah, I remember now. They're the vampire jerks that crashed the opening ceremony down at the museum!" Ethan added to the memory of last night.

"And brought out all those zombies!" Benny exclaimed.

"So glad that you remembered us. Really, I am touched," Jasper mockingly said, a wicked grin plastered on his face before getting serious. "However, we did not come out looking for you just so we could have a 'pleasant' chat."

"Really? Shame, and after everything that happened last night, I thought we had become such great friends," Alexia sarcastically replied, smirking while folding her arms.

"Lexi, don't antagonize him! You'll make things even worse for us!" Joe exclaimed, fearing for their lives. "And besides, not only are we outnumbered, but we also don't have ANY weapons to use and protect ourselves!"

Well, that certainly made Alexia's smirk falter. "Ah...yeah...you've got a point there," she then said, remembering that they had only gone out to have fun, not looking for trouble.

Both Benny and Ethan slapped their foreheads in exasperation. "Geez Lex, think before you start antagonizing the bad guy! Especially one with A LOT of other bad guys!"

Alexia glowered "Well what am I suppose to do? Start slapping their faces repeatedly and hit them with my purse? I for one despise acting like some helpless child, and would rather brave through a situation and fight through this, no matter how much the odds are against me!"

"I agree with Lexi on this one," Sydney spoke up in her friend's defense.

"Uh guys, maybe we should stop arguing for a while...," Nichole warned, noticing how irritated the men were looking.

"Well of course you would, Madam Fists. Or would you rather be called Muscle-Girl or Kung-Fu Chick?" Benny went on, ignoring Nichole's warning.

Sydney glared at Benny while cracking her knuckles. "Do you WANT me to hurt you? Cause if you do, then I won't waste any time putting MY FOOT all up in your-!"

"Enough!" Jasper roared through their conversation, pulling out a revolver from his jacket pocket and pointing at the group. His men also pulled out their variety of weapons. "Now, unless you want your bodies to be filled with lead, I suggest you all shut up and listen!"

Seeing that they were armed, the group of teens instantly stopped bickering, staying perfectly still. Now that he had all of their attentions, Jasper grinned with pleasure, putting his weapon back into his pocket whilst his men kept their weapons out.

He slowly walked up towards them. "Now, I just have some questions that my Master wants answered. Question which I believe YOU can answer," he then said, pointing his finger directly at Alexia.

Alexia stared at Jasper, her right eyebrow raised. "Questions? What makes you think I'll be able to answer those questions, much less actually tell you," she then said.

"Because if you don't, well just force it out of you. And I doubt you, or your friends, would want to experience our technique for extracting information," "After all, as a vampire, extracting information from mere mortals is one's specialty."

"Well...that is to say if you're REALLY a vampire. If you are indeed a vampire like you say you are, then prove it to us," Sydney dared, remaining cynical while both Benny and Ethan were horrified by what she said.

Instead of responding to Sydney's disbelief, Jasper opened his mouth wide, revealing to the teen's bewilderment, a set of long, razor-sharp teeth and hissed at them while his eyes glowed bright and red. Then with a blink of an eye, he sped towards the edge of the building, picked up a loose brick, then with his bare hand, crushed it until it was nothing but a pile of dust.

Seeing his impressive speed and strength, the group of teens, besides Ethan and Benny, were amazed as well as disturbed. For years they have always believed that vampires and monsters were nothing but myths and legends, but now to see one in real life, and to bring forth physical proof,

Benny decided to say something first before Sydney did and started getting them all into trouble. "O-okay! You've made your point! You're a real live vampire!"

"Good to see you cooperating with us. Well, now that part is taken cared of, how about we get down to business and answer some questions," Jasper said with authority as he glared at the group before setting his gaze directly at Alexia. "Last night, while most of us were fighting in the main part of the building, you saw one of my comrades take the 'Vermiculus Nectar de Andromeda' and ran off, leaving you to pursue after him, am I correct?"

"Well...yeah, I caught up with him and then fought him. Then he got away, however I managed to retrieve that egg-like artifact from him. Then I ran after him in the alley-way, but he was already gone. But why are you asking me these things? Shouldn't you be asking your comrade all about last night?"

"Ah yes, we'll about that," Jasper began explaining, being surprisingly calm. "After he told our Master that he lost the Vermiculus Nectar de Andromeda during your struggle, well...you can imagine how furious he was about this news. And so, due to that fool's carelessness, our Master killed him."

Alexia eyes widened with horror. 'Oh crap! If these heartless vampires are just vicious and uncaring, I'd hate to imagine what their 'Master' is like,' she thought as she scooted closer towards her friends. The others were also shocked by what Jasper had said, as well as terrified, huddling closer to one another for comfort, with very little success.

"Well then, off to the next question; what happened after loosing him in the alley? Did you see anything that he might have dropped? Like a...bottle?" he then said, sound more impatient than ever and yet still remained cool about it.

"Well how should I know? I can't remember anything else after that fight! I think I had a black-out moment for some reason," Alexia explained, her memories of last night still a blur.

"She's telling the truth! She can't even remember how she got back to her room!" Joe spoke up in her defense.

Jasper stared at the group, trying to spot a liar amongst them in hopes of forcing the truth out of them. However, after a minute or two of searching through their eyes, he could see that the girl spoke the truth.

"I see...," he began speaking, sighing in frustration before he spoke again. "Well then, guess there's only one thing left to do to get some answers."

Then, without any warnings, he suddenly grabbed Alexia by the collar of her t-shirt and lifted her up, her feeling dangling two inches off the floor.

"Hey! Let go of me ya toothy git!" she yelled while thrashing and kicking, hoping that the creep would let her go. The others tried to save their unfortunate friend, however Vincent's goons got to them first, restraining them with great ease.

Jasper hissed at the young wild-spirited girl. "Oh do shut-up! Be grateful that I'm not choking you to death! After all, I still need you alive in order to extract the information out of you!" he roared.

"Well how exactly are ya suppose to do that? If ya remembered what I said minutes ago, I've lost all memories after that incident," Alexia said, confused by what he just said.

At this point, Jasper's snarling expression quickly changed into a malevolent grin. "Like this," he briefly replies before widening his jaws, his long sharp fangs glistening in the night.

It didn't take the group of teens long to realize that when he said 'extracting information', he meant he was going to suck Alexia's blood dry in hopes of absorbing her memories! In fact, only a complete imbecile would've been unaware of the immense danger that was to occur.

Alexia struggled with all her might against the blonde ruthless, hoping that he would release her. Unfortunately, it was to no avail. Nevertheless, she refused to break down or admit defeat, despite knowing that there was absolutely no chance for her to escape. While feeling his breath over her neck, she braced herself for the teeth to tear into her flesh while her friends either watched helplessly or, like Joe, constantly struggled against their vampiric captors.

However, just minutes before Jasper could sink his teeth into her jugular, he sensed a dark yet powerful presence, much similar to his master's, suddenly made an appearance, causing him to go all tense. No sooner did he feel that presence, he suddenly moved quickly away from where he was, carrying Alexia in his hold, just seconds before a bullet came zooming down and smashed to the ground, creating a huge crater in the process.

Jasper coughed and gagged from the clouds of dust. "Dammit!!!! Who the hell did that?!" he exclaimed angrily as he searched for the culprit.

"Your reflexes are impressive. It appears that I may have underestimated you," a dark masculine voice suddenly spoke up. Recognizing whose voice it was, Jasper froze, briefly squeezing Alexia tightly, before looking up to where the voice came from to see a familiar being wearing a fedora and a red overcoat flapping wildly against the wind standing above the fire escape door carrying a pair of pistols with a young female kneeling next to him holding a large cannon.

"Yay!!! It's Alucard and Seras!!" Ethan said as he recognized the two.

Then at that moment, the door broke down to the floor, followed by Pip Bernadette and his men, The Wild Geese, armed with powerful artillery.

"And Captain Pervert and his band of Misfits!" Sydney added, purposely insulting them in the process.

Pip and his men glared at Sydney. "Listen girl, if it weren't for ze fact that Sir Integra ordered us to bring your friend as well as you lot alive, we would've just left you to these vampires, or kill you ourselves," Pip warned, growling at the tomboy. Sydney on the other hand just stuck her tongue out at him, unaffected by what he said.

The shock of seeing members of the Hellsing Organization caused some of the vampires to briefly let go of their captors, giving Joe and the others enough time to move out of their grasps and rushed off behind the Wild Geese. Unfortunately, before Alexia could attempt to escape, Jasper, who quickly got over the shock, noticed her escaping and forcefully grabbed hold of her right arm, dragging her close to his chest while wrapping his arm around her neck in the process.

"Don't even think about it my dear, my master still needs answers from you," he said in her ear with a harsh tone, hoping to scare her. Little did he realize that it would take a lot more than a threat to frighten her.

Joe however reacted badly. "Hey, let her go you bastard!" he roared, lunging forward only to be restrained by Ethan and Benny. Some of the Wild Geese even went in from of the group, making sure they didn't try to do anything foolish.

Jasper on the other hand just stared at them with a smug look. "Oh? You want this one as well then?" he asked in a mocking tone before he took a firm grasp of Alexia's neck and began squeezing her, his claws digging into her flesh as she cried out in pain, watching as everyone, besides Alucard, tensed up while gripping their weapons tight.

Seeing their immediate reaction, Jasper then smirked. "Well then, if you want her back, you'll have to take on my men first!" With the snap of his fingers, half of the vampiric group charged at the organization while the other half pointed their guns and started shooting. However, the Wild Geese, as well as Seras and Alucard, were already prepared.

Alucard jumped over to the vampires with guns and started shooting at them while laughing hysterically. Seras on the other hand stayed behind with the Wild Geese and was shooting at the vampires that were charging towards them.Despite their successful shots, three vampires managed to maneuver away from the bullets and were now preparing to lunge at three to four members of the group, one of them being Pip.

Just then, two shots were fired, killing two of the vampires while the third vampire was sprayed with something that caused it to burn. After seeing the vampires dead tot he ground, Pip and his men looked to where the fires were shot from, only to see, to their enormous surprise, Ethan and Benny with a pair of pistols that they stole from Pip's back holsters, and Nichole holding one of the spray bottles from Alexia's gramp's trunk, which she still had in her purse.

"Hey, we've had TONS of practice down at the arcade centers as well as on video games. It's so easy after that," Benny explained after seeing the men's faces before he and his cousin continued firing at some more vampires.

While everyone else fought, Jasper continued holding Alexia firmly, his grip on her arm and neck getting tighter and tighter, but not enough to kill her while she tried to claw his arm away with her free hand.

Quickly, in hopes of escaping, she reached out and took a firm hold of the silver cross around her neck, and coiled the chain around his hand before shoving the cross down hard between his fingers! The moment the silver relic made contact with Jasper's skin, it blister and burned, causing him to scream in agony while he was forced to drop Alexia to the floor. However, in the process of doing that, the chain around her neck snapped in two.

The moment the sacred piece of jewelry was pulled from her neck, a tremendous surge of power made an appearance, alarming everyone that were on top of the building. It didn't take long to realize that the source of the power was emanating from Alexia.

Alexia slowly sat up, rubbing her sore back from the drop, revealing not only her violet-like eyes, but her set of fangs which were clearly seen since she was clenching her teeth in pain. As soon as the pain faded away, she then looked up and noticed that everyone had stopped fighting and were now looking at her with a mixture of disbelief and exasperation. Then she notice the silver cross lying on the floor and began to realize why they were looking at her.

"Uh...guys, we've got a problem," Alexia slowly stated, glancing at everyone's wide-eyed gazes staring straight at her. "I think...my secret...is out."