Chapter 3

The Next Day...

It was seven in the morning and the whole gang were having their breakfasts in their rooms. Everyone except Alexia were having the classic breakfast while she had fruit salad and cocoa pops. Knowing that the competition would be tough, she needed to eat a healthy meal that would give her energy and not slow her down.

As soon as they all finished eating and getting dressed, they immediately set off towards Buckingham Palace, where the fencing tournament would take place around ten. From what they all heard, this tournament was unusual as well as being restricted from public viewing. What made this unique was that not only the very best fencers in the world were selected, but that the rules were very different. In fact, if it weren't for the swords that were being used extremely dull and safe, they would've thought that this was a battle arena and not a tournament.

Nevertheless, Alexia was still excited. Of all the tournaments she had ever entered, she knew they would be nothing compared to what she was entering this very moment. It would be a tournament that will never be forgotten. A tournament that she would refuse to be defeated or back down. She was going to give it everything she had, every strength, stealth and speed would be put down into this one tournament.

Within minutes, they all reached the Buckingham Palace where a young man in a regal uniform was standing right next to one of the palace guards, waiting patiently for those competing in the tournament. As soon as Alexia handed him her royal invitation and explained that her friends were here on her request, the young man nodded his head and led them to a side gate where they entered and were then escorted by another man.

No sooner had they entered the Palace grounds, they arrived at a room where almost every competitor were either sitting down standing, having tea or talking to each other. Once Alexia and the others entered, the competitors turned to look at the newcomers and widened their eyes. As it turned out, Alexia was the youngest fencer in the tournament, being only 18. Seeing how young they all were, yet unsure which one was to compete, they began whispering to one another about how young their other opponent was as well as scoffing at the idea that a young person was capable of being a skilled fencer.

"Wow...guess they're not too happy to see someone so young invited to the tournament huh," Benny remarked, noticing the look of distaste that some of the contestants had.

"Most likely. I think it's safe to say that there has never been someone so young as us to enter such a high-class and secluded tournament as this," Sydney responded, taking sideways glances at the people.

Alexia grinned. "Excellent! The more older contestants I defeat, the more victorious it will be!" she said with confidence.

"I somehow feel pity for these contestants. I mean, imagine getting defeated by someone younger than yourself. Must be humiliating if you ask me," Joe said.

"Excuse me, but which one of you is a contestant?" A middle-aged gentleman with a handlebar moustache stepped up, looking well dressed yet snobbish at the same time. He eyed them with curiosity.

With a grin still on her face, Alexia stepped up to the gentleman. "That'll be me; my name is Alexia Hunter. And who might you be sir?"

"I am Sir James Middleton. Though I must say, it is quite...unusual for someone your age to attend such an advanced fencing tournament. I always assumed that this was for mature and well-bred aristocrats, not for young 'delinquents'," he said with a smug look.

At this point, both Ethan and Benny had to restrain Joe from attacking Sir Middleton. If there was one thing he hated more than snobs, it was snobs that tried to badmouth his friends, especially Alexia.