Chapter 3: Catching Up

While the rehearsals were going on, the moms were talking about what happened the last competition.

"I just want Abby and Cameron to do their jobs." Holly said. "When it comes to a competiton, you sit there until it ends."

"True." Christi admitted, she like Melissa has a great relationship with Abby and Cameron even though they both fight with them, but that was rarely.

"They acted like a bunch of you know whats." Kelly stated as they saw Abby and Cameron telling Nia that they gave her a pose.

"It's real depressing there." Holly commented. "We know what happened, they just changed the truth. Everytime things go wrong, what are they gonna do, get up and leave?"

"To be honest, i don't think they would, but..." Melissa admitted.

"I believe that we need to make it know to them that if they want to leave again, then they can go a head and do that." Kelly told the moms.

"Melissa, what's your opinion on this?" Christi asked.

"Well, they lied to me and to you, so we were--we mean, we're upset because of that." Melissa answered.

"Ditto. They said they went home to check on Mrs. Miller." Christi commented, referring about Maryen Lorrain Miller, who is 84 and is also the mother of Abby and grandmother of Cameron. Also, Mrs. Miller was under the weather. "We called her a car, but we'll admit, they were really embarrassed with Maddie for firgetting her solo and they'd be embarrassed with Chloe too if she did that."

Julie then came up the stairs after watching some of the rehearsals a few minutes later.

"Hey there, Julie." Melissa greeted. "You can sit between me and Christi if that's ok with you."

"Ok." Julie said as she sat between Melissa and Christi.

"So what have you been up to lately, Julie?" Kelly asked.

"Well, Mrs Hyland, me and my family last year moved back to Niles last year after spending three years living in New Lenox and i'm gonna turn 18 in June." Julie answered.

"Wow, about the same time that Cameron is gonna turn 18." Christi commented.

"It's great to have you back and since you're about to be 18, you can call us Melissa, Christi, Kelly and Holly." Holly told her.

"All right." Julie stated. "Who's the top dancer in the ALDC these days?"

"There's actually two, Maddie and Chloe are the top dancers in the studio these days." Melissa answered.

"They put in work like you, Cameron and your brother Sebastian did when you three growing up." Christi said. "Speaking of Sebastian how has he and your mother Meredith been doing?"

"They've been doing good."

"Maybe one day, we'll see them and it'll be like old times when we hung out with Meredith." Kelly stated.

"Did you know we'll be heading to Los Angeles?" Holly told Julie.

"Can't wait, i remember when me, Seb and Cam were younger, we'd go to L.A. a lot whether it was for a competition or a vacation." Julie said.

"I''m glad that Cathy isn't going to be there." Melissa muttered.

"Who's this Cathy you just mentioned, Melissa?" Julie asked.

"Cathy Nesbitt-Stein is a real big, obnoxious pain in the neck and annoys us to no end, she owns this studio in Canton, Ohio called Candy Apples Dance Center and whenever we have to compete in Ohio or close to Ohio, Cathy and her rotten apples are going to be there and when she's in the audience, she's really obnoxious." Melissa explained.