Chapter 2: The dance season's second half begins

Five days later at Niles West High School, which is located in Skokie and it's also where Cameron attends, students were seen exiting since the school day was over and exiting from the south entrance/exit that led to the parking lot near Oakton Street and Menard heading north was Cameron, he walked and immediately saw his mother's suv and Abby waved and smiled at him, he got in the front seat.

"How did your day go, sweetheart?" Abby asked Cameron.

"It went good." Cameron responded. "June 2nd will be here fast."

"Yes it will and that will be the day you graduate from high school." Abby told him.

"And that's almost two months from now and if you time that, that's seven weeks from now."

"You're correct on that."

Thirteen minutes later, Abby and Cameron were on Milwaukee and made a right into a driveway near Golf Road and approached a building that had a large parking lot and the front entrance/exit had a silouhette of a dancer doing a leap with the words "Abby Lee Dance Company", next to it and that was the name of the building because it's a dance studio that Abby owns as Abby parked in a parking space that had a sign that said "Reserved for Abby Lee", which is Abby's personal parking space and some vehicles were there as well.

"Mom, hopefully we have better start to the second half of the season, because the first half didn't end as well as we thought." Cameron stated.

"I know." Abby agreed as she and her son both got out of the vehicle. "I forgot to tell you, Julie is coming today, she told me earlier this morning and i told her that she and her family are welcome to come to the studio anytime and even travel with us to competitions if they'd like."

"Cool, it could be like old times." Cameron commented as he and Abby both entered the studio and there was a front desk and sitting there was Gianna, who is Abby's assistant choreographer. "Hey, Gia."

"Hello, Cam. Hello, Abby." Gianna responded.

"How's it going?" Abby asked.

"It's going good."

"Gia, guess what? Me and mom ran into an old friend last week when we went downtown." Cameron told Gianna.

"You did?"

"We did and that old friend is gonna be coming today." Abby stated, then she looked outside and saw a silver ford mustang convertible pulling into the parking lot. "And she's here."

Getting out of the vehicle was Julie and she walked to the front entrance. she entered the studio and saw Abby, Cameron and Gianna. Gianna then recognized Julie.

"Jules!" Gianna exclaimed, seeing Julie come into the studio and gave her a hug and like Cameron, Gianna knew Julie as well since they were younger. "It's been so long!"

"It sure has and i miss being in this place, it's my home away from home." Julie said. "How have you been, Gia? Still helping Abby produce winners?"

"I sure am." Gianna replied. "The girls and their moms are gonna be so surprised and happy to see you, they're already in Studio A waiting."

"Yeah, i haven't seen them in four years since me and my family moved to New Lenox, but we moved back to Glenview last year."

"That's great to know." Then two women came to the front desk, one was 23 with brown hair and brown eyes named Jennine Wedge, one of the faculty members of the studio and with her was a young lady also around 23 with brown hair, but with green eyes named Rachael Thoma, who is also a faculty member of the studio.

"Hello." Jennine greeted, then she saw Julie and walked over and gave her a hug, which means like she knew Julie like Cameron and Gianna did. "Julie! It's been a long time!"