Sad Song

Adam
Um ok so this has singing in it and I'm going to make up lyrics off the top of my head cause I don't know of a good song and I want it to be original cause in the story it's an original song. So please please just don't be extra about it. Also mentions depression and talks about ending their life. Do be careful if you decide to read. It's small but some people still get hurt by it. Btw plz read the authors note or at least the words in all caps. Thanks
—————————————————————————

~Adam POV~ (Omg more Adam POV)

I walked through the door expecting it to be silent besides the buzzing of the tv. Instead I hear singing and a ukulele? I drop the groceries on the kitchen counter and try to find the source of the singing.

"I can't tell you it's all ok. Cause I know it's not. I don't understand how it could hit me so fast. I wanted this to last."

The voice was angelic. I walk up the steps quietly. I trace the sound to Y/N's office. I didn't know she sings. She never does around me at least. I lean against the door and continue to listen.

"I'm just as surprised as you are. You stayed longer than I though. Now honestly I didn't expect it. Sorry, sorry is all I can say now. Cause it'll end soon."

She sang. I was confused. What was she going on about? I opened the door a little bit thankful for the oil we put on the door hinges when we bought the house.

"Three years is a long time. Now it comes and it goes. Silently I let it pass. No you can't know."

All I can do is sit and listen hoping for a bit more clues. She doesn't continue to sing for a good while. Just strums the ukulele. Either it's a part of the song or she's thinking of more words.

"Sorry, sorry is all I can say now. Cause it'll end soon. As much as I don't want it to. I can't continue to do this to you. It's stressing me out to much. And it'll hurt you. So sorry is all I can say. When it ends, it came to soon. Oh oh oh. When it ends, it came to soon."

She finishes and I'm stuck there. I look at her and tears are streaming down her face. I open the door and she turns to me and jumps. "H-how long have you been there?" She asks wiping tears off her face. I just walk over and hug her. She tries to hold it in and I can tell by the way she's hugging me. She's tense. "Let it out." I whisper. She starts crying. Her ukulele sits on her desk as she grips onto me even tighter than before. After about 5 minutes of just standing and hugging she pulls away. "You weren't supposed to hear any of that. I thought you would be gone for a bit longer." She chuckles quietly. "I'm glad I did. I know a sad song when I hear one. Tell me what's wrong." I ask. She looks me in the eyes and laughs a bit. "I can't believe you actually care. No one ever does. Why do you even love me? What's there to love?" She asks rhetorically. I sit down and pull her into my lap. "There are so many reasons to why I love you. Now I can name them all and we can die here like this. Or I can tell you three and you tell me what's wrong." I say. She opens her mouth before I interrupt.

"Here we go. 1. You're gorgeous. I don't care if you don't 'believe it' because you are. 2. You're super funny and smart. You make me laugh all the time and we can be childish together. I love that. 3. You're kind hearted. You care for others so much that you put yourself so far behind just to care for other people. I don't know how many people would put themselves dead last just to keep everyone happy. Which is why I assume you're feeling like this." I whisper. She sits silently for a minute before speaking. "I couldn't handle it. It's been so long since it came back like this. It would come and go and since I have you it wouldn't last long but, lately I can't take it. It's been keeping me up and when you leave it consumes me. I was super close to ending it all. Hence the song." She replies. I look down at her as she stares at the wall. I tilt her head to look at me. "Hey. You should've came and talked to me. I'm always here for you. You come first to me. You can tell me anything." I tell her. She nods and hugs me close. I pull her as close to my chest as possible. "Thank you." She whispers. "Any time."
———————————————————————————
Hey. So I expected for this to be a lot shorter than it is. I think of this as more of a one-shot. Most of my work is just one shots cause I have short and simple ideas but I call them imagines cause I can. So if the story wasn't clear. You, Y/N, have been suffering from depression a lot more lately and wrote a song about how much it's been happening and you planned on ending your life. BUT LISTEN TO ME! PLEASE DO NOT! YOU ARE VALUABLE AND WE NEED YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK. GET HELP IF YOU NEED IT PLEASE! Also the song was made up off the top of my head so don't judge cause it doesn't have a beat or anything. If you want I can turn it into a song. I play ukulele sooo. If you have any question about any of the lyrics just comment. I'll reply. Sorry this was a long A/N. (Authors note). Thanks for reading.