Chapter 27: Annora

Shumizu's head was adorned with six ivory horns and she had a mane of fur, or what looked like fur, around her face. Two powerful arms gripped the docks softly as she looked down at the group. Two whiskers floated, as if in water, from her snout.

        Hello, a woman's soft voice echoed through their heads. It is an honor to finally meet you, summoner, she said as her massive head dipped down towards Crowe.

        "Uh... pleasure's all mine..." Crowe said in surprise to the sheer size of the water dragon.

        Her body swiveled back and forth, creating ripples in the sea, and Crowe guessed it to be every bit of 280 feet long at least. 

        "Why are you giving us a ride? and where? and who exactly are you?" Fiera asked.

        "I already told you, my name's Eliza, and if you haven't figured it out yet I'm the water dragoon, I figured that'd be easy to see," the woman said with a sense of superiority. "As for where we're going," she emphasized the last word, "Annora wants to see you so she sent me to get you, unfortunately."

        "No need to be rude..." Crowe said furrowing his brow.

        "Well it's inconvenient for me to have to come out here. Not only do I have to give you a ride I was told to keep watch over the island in order to make sure Sorzoran was alright for some reason although I'm pretty sure he can take care of himself."

        Eliza, you know I've been trying to get you to come see him, Shumizu said.

        "Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see Sorzoran again, but I could care less about his summoner."

        "Thanks for being judgemental," Crowe mocked.

        "I didn't trust the first one and I'm reluctant to trust the second. That's all there is to it. I'm not here to impress or be impressed, I'm here to take you to Annora and for Shumizu to see her brother."

        Don't mind Eliza, she's gotten cranky in her old age, the sea serpent chuckled.

        "No comments out of you!" Eliza turned. "Let's get going, I'm tired of waiting already."

        The water dragon dipped back under the water and then extended her body next to the docks.

        "Hop on everyone," Eliza said.

        The group reluctantly stepped forward and looked down at the shimmering blue scales.

        I don't like it... that's a lot of water... Zarahie said.

        "It'll be fine! Damn... you complain a lot, all of you," Eliza said as she kicked Crowe onto Shumizu's body.

        Crowe recovered and landed normally albeit with a stumble and everyone, with a hushed resentment, jumped down without provocation. 

        Hayato and Raijin were the last and Eliza smiled as he passed by her. 

        "See, I like him. He's quiet, knows what to do. You could learn something from him," she winked.

        Hayato furrowed his brow slightly and turned away from the blonde.

        Eliza raised her eyebrow as she watched the monk leap down onto the dragon before leaping down herself. 

        Shumizu let them move up her body to a point behind her head.

        Take a deep breath, she giggled.