1 ☲ Lady Luck

Ding Dong!

A young lady came out of the bathroom. She was wearing a pink silk robe and was blotting her wet hair with a towel as she approached the front door of her apartment. 

She opened the door to find a young man wearing a motorcycle helmet standing in her doorway. As he lifted the visor she could make out tifts of blonde hair poking out from above his eyes. Hmmm... A bit on the short side and quite honestly he looked like he really didn't want to be here. Would it kill him to smile a little? Definitely not her type. Why couldn't she have someone tall and handsome to deliver her food? "How disappointing..." She spoke out loud, not caring if the man in front of her could hear her and reached for the small purse hanging on the rack. 

"How much?"

The man scoffed and offered up the boxed meal. "33,000 won..."

The exchange was quick and no other words were said as the woman shut the door. The delivery man gave a sigh and made his way to his scooter. "Only an hour left before your shift ends, Yoongi.." He murmured before hopping onto the bike, closing his visor and driving off. 

However once his shift ended, he wouldn't be heading home right away. 

The rest of the day played out his usual daily routine like a montage.

The local park was his next destination where he took on the occupation of a leaf blower. With his headphones tucked around his ears, he would work for maybe two to three hours. He didn't mind it much as it gave him time to be completely in his thoughts and his music. 

Passing out flyers though was a pain. It was a gig he did in the early evenings for one of those mom and pop shops that sold fabrics and furniture. 

He hated every passing minute. He wouldn't really consider himself to be a people person. Approaching a stranger had always seemed like such a daunting task. And he hated to admit it to himself but this was mostly because of his initial fear of being judged or looked down on. But even if that wasn't the case, it was still a hassle to deal with people who were actually willing to hear what he had to say. 

Why? 

Because they would end up talking his ear off and by the end of the conversation, he was mentally exhausted.

Unfortunately, he still wouldn't be able to go home. He still had one last job. 

Yoongi entered into the changing room and was quickly greeted by a co-worker, Yoo Kihyun.

"Yoongi-ah, it looks like you got section A and I will be serving section B tonight..." The young man was already dressed in his uniform. A white-collared, short sleeved shirt, black dress pants, and a red waist apron with three pockets for holding essentials. 

"Mm? You look exhausted"

Yoongi remained quiet as he ventured across the room and opened his locker.

Kihyun placed his hands on his hips and shook his head. "Yoongi-ah, you really shouldn't overwork yourself like this. It isn't healthy."

"Fine. Then you pay my bills..." The blonde retorted, his tone sullen.

The other male gave a sad smile and lowered his head. "I'm just looking out for you. We're lucky to have this job and I don't want you sabotaging yourself..."

"I know. Thanks, Kihyun. I'm alright, really..." Yoongi pulled out his uniform and stared down at it. It still had his name tag attached to it. And above it was the name of his employer.

Sky Phoenix. 

It was a very lavish five-star restaurant that was nestled on the rooftop of one of the main towers. He worked there as a waiter and often did the late night shift. He got the job thanks to his high school friend Kihyun putting in a good word for him. He really owed him.