Chapter Six - Sanitisation

It seems to you a sly attack,
But for your pains you make no gains.
You only get shot in the back.
- Mem cake B12 Brute Rollup Station
_____________________________________________

Agent 8's POV

We went back to the surface and geared up for our return to the metro. We grabbed a load of Marina's Hyperbombs, we were going to blow Kamabo Co. up. Marina and I were now in the studio making sure we had everything we needed.

"How are you feeling, Eight? Do you still have a headache?" Marina asked.

"No, my head doesn't hurt anymore," I replied.

Marina smiled. "That's good! Are you ready to go?"

I nodded. Marina and I grabbed our equipment and walked out of the studio to join the others. We made our way back to Central Station and boarded the train. I took a seat next to Three.

"Where are you all going now?" CQ Cumber crawled towards us.

"The sanitisation laboratory," Octavio answered.

"Are you sure? That place is extremely dangerous," CQ warned.

"Yes, we've come prepared."

"Very well. Next stop, the sanitisation laboratory!"

The train started moving, it moved onto a rail I've never been on during my time down here. It seemed to go deeper underground.

"Hello Agent 8, how have you been?" CQ asked me.

"O-Oh, I've been well." I was still a little bit scared of him.

"How are you fairing the promised land?" Iso Padre moved over to us.

"The surface is amazing! It's a lot more beautiful than what I've heard and seen from the pictures in the magazines!"

He smiled. "You did well, young squire."

CQ nodded. "You are amazing in battle, were you trained before you became a test subject?"

I tapped my chin in thought. "Octavio says I was an elite soldier in the Octarian army before Kamabo, so I guess I was pretty experienced?"

"She was one of the best soldiers," Octavio added.

The train came to a stop and we exited.

Iso Padre smiled. "Good luck!"

I waved. "Bye Iso Padre! Bye CQ!"

"This way, we're almost there," Octavio told us.

He led us to a dark tunnel. Octavio and I became partially bioluminescent, we emitted a bright magenta light.

Pearl jumped at the sudden change in lighting. "Woah! You two can glow?"

I nodded. "I've always been able to glow. I don't know why, though."

"It's just part of Octarian biology, don't worry about it." Octavio seemed tense.

"How come Marina isn't glowing, then?" Three raised an eyebrow.