Chapter Four - Trapped

The world I knew seems like a trap.
I'm drawn now to the strange and new.
Would my old friends think me a sap?
- Mem cake A03/B01 Wassup 8-Ball Station
_____________________________________________

Agent 8's POV

I woke up with a really bad headache. How long was I out? After taking a look at my surroundings I realised I was in a small empty room. I tried to pull my phone out of my pocket but it wasn't there, they must've taken it, it seemed like they confiscated all of my belongings. I turned around and saw a door, I walked over and tried to open it, locked. Since I was basically useless I decided to wait and see if anything happens.

After what seemed like an eternity, I heard footsteps coming my way. I stood next to the door, ready to attack. A sanitised Octoling opened the door and peered in.

"Where did she go?" she growled.

I quietly moved closer and once I got close enough I put my hand over her mouth and pinched her nose to block her airways. As soon as I knocked her out I removed my hands and carefully set her down on the ground.

She was wearing a lab coat and those shades that Octavio used to brainwash us. I searched through her pockets and found a key card and an employee model CQ-80, thank Cod. Judging from the lab coat, key card and CQ-80 I'm guessing she works at the sanitisation laboratory, and that must mean I'm currently inside it. I need to get out of here as soon as possible.

Once I made sure she had nothing else on her I stepped out of the room. Outside there were large test tubes containing that awful sanitised goo, some had Octolings inside as well. Beside the room I was in were lots of similar rooms next to each other, maybe the others are in them.

I walked around for a bit and heard a familiar voice mumble something in Octarian, it was hard to hear but I could make out Pearlie should be okay. It was Marina. I moved over to the door and put my ear against it.

"Marina?" I called out to her.

"Eight! Oh thank Cod, I was so worried!" she spoke in our native language. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a headache but it's gotten better."

"It's the effect of Octavio's music. Don't worry, though, it should go away soon. How did you get out?"

"I knocked one of the employees out. She opened my door to look for me, I don't know why, though. Oh! I looked through her pockets and found a few things that might be useful."

"What did you get?"

"A key card and an employee model CQ-80."

"Nice! Maybe we can use the key card to open the doors. I regained consciousness as they were putting me in here and saw some type of scanner beside the door. Try scanning it."

I glanced over to the wall and saw the scanner Marina was talking about. I moved closer and stared at it. Worth a shot, I guess. I slid the key card in and it lit up. The door opened. Marina came running out and embraced me. We let go after a few minutes.

"Okay so now what?" I asked.

"I was thinking we should get everyone else out, go back to the surface and get my hyper bombs, and then blow this facility up."

"Sounds good." I smiled. We were finally getting rid of this awful place, what a relief.

"We should get started, this is going to take a while," Marina informed me.

I nodded and went off to the other rooms and freed the others. It took us about an hour and a half to get everyone out the cells. We had a bit of trouble with the sanitised Octolings on our way out but we made it eventually. We decided to leave the others at Central Station while Marina and I went back to the lab to make sure we didn't miss anybody, after we finished we went back to join the others.

Central Station was flooding with Octolings, it was a tight squeeze and hard to move around, it was very noisy too. Other sea creatures that were waiting for the train seemed horrified and confused at what they were seeing.

We decided to wait for the train to make it easier for us to go back up to the surface so everyone could have a break and relax. Marina and I sat in a corner talking, trying to stay away from the commotion.

Everyone seemed to be talking about Octavio, telling each other how they feel about him and from what I was hearing, everyone hated him. I mean, who wouldn't? He made us go through so much pain.

I hope Three is okay.