Chapter 24 - Revelation

Natalia's P. O. V

We'd moved to the living room so that we could be more comfortable as we went over this new revelation.

"You mean you two didn't know? Don't you smell each other's wolves?"

"Normally, we do, but she smells more human than wolf to me."

Hailey had gone to get something to eat as I'd closed the door after Kaesha and she sat, cross legged, holding her plate, "I've never met another werewolf before and have been around humans my whole life so that's probably why."

"Why do you live so deep in the city? What about full moon shifts?" During full moons we were forced to shift and our wolves had complete control. More often than not, they went berserk. It was one of the reasons werewolves didn't live in cities.

"My mom's a Seer, so is Keily. Apparently, she had a one night stand with a dickhead werewolf while attending to some things with the Seer Cycle and got pregnant so she got permission to do her Seer thing from the city and send them the information she gathers. As for full moon shifts, I just chain myself up in our basement or any secluded area."

"So that's what the clanking in the other bag was."

She nodded, "There's a full moon in a few days. I was going to propose a road trip to outside the city or something. My wolf, Opelene, warmed up to you so quickly. She said she liked your scent and so did I. Why are you in the city though? You smell a lot more like the way I imagine a werewolf would smell."

"I left my pack recently."

She leaned forward, curiosity shining in her eyes, "Are both your parents werewolves?"

"My biological father is a werewolf. My mom wasn't a werewolf but I could tell she also wasn't human. She never did tell me what she was." That much was true.

"Was? So, your mom dying recently was true?"

I looked at my hands, "Not completely. She disappeared when I was six. I have no idea if she's dead or alive right now."

Keasha, who had returned from the kitchen with a plate of food, and Hailey, who had been in the process of raising another forkful to her mouth paused, "I'm so sorry." "That's terrible." They said.

I shook my head, "That was almost a decade ago. I'm fine."

"A decade? You're sixteen?" Hailey asked. Kaesha looked at me questioningly.

"Fifteen."

'Nat.' Candy warned.

'I'm tired of lying to people that could help. Have you ever sensed any deception from her? I haven't. She's my friend, Candy. When you think about it, there's no way anyone I've met in New York so far could be connected to the Lightwood pack, apart from that Danny guy and that's only through Kirstin. '

'You're being naïve, Nat.'

'I'm not being naïve. Do you think I'd have the capacity to be naïve with the life I've lived till now? You're being paranoid. I'm not going to tell them what mom was and I won't mention the name of the pack.'

Kaesha raised an eyebrow at me, probably noticing the flare in my wolf colour, "You said biological father instead of dad." She didn't ask about my conversation with my wolf.

"I don't consider him my dad."

Hailey swallowed then spoke, "Why not?"

"I'm a product of rape. He violated my mom and initiated my abuse in the pack after she disappeared. He kept telling me that she left cause she couldn't stand to be around me when I'd finally mustered up the courage to ask him why my mom wasn't around anymore. Someone like that could never be a dad, at least not to me. He treats his legitimate kids better though."