Chapter 59 - Menace and Christmas Madness

Natalia's P. O. V

To say there was tension would be pointing out the obvious.

Kirstin was staring at me with an almost glare. And even though we were sitting on the same level, it felt like I was looking down at her.

I relaxed and rested an arm on the armrest, my fingers warming the wood, "Kirstin. I don't care whose mate they are, none of them are safe from me."

She seemed to weigh her words before talking, "I know what they did to you. Harry discarded me like I was nothing, and Callum was foolish enough to think that what he thought were his own desires for himself in the pack was worth losing you. But I can't just let my mate die, and I don't believe yours is guilty enough to deserve the same fate as the others."

I cocked my head, "How sweet of you. You're such a good person, how did I never notice this side of you before?"

She went silent, shrinking in her seat.

I snapped my fingers, and a spark flew from them that she thankfully didn't notice, "Oh, right! Cause you were on their side. If I remember correctly, it was your job to take pictures of me after they were done beating me. You even joined in a few times if I recall."

She had nothing to say to that.

"I wonder where this compassion and mercy was back then." I continued. The sarcastic upturn of my lips dropped into a scoff, "You have a choice here, Kirstin. Either get the information I need to have them arrested and locked up for the rest of their lives, or let me deal with them as I see fit. So, what will it be?"

"I'll get the information you need..." She mumbled, her head bowed.

Another long silence passed.

Wordlessly, we both began to get our things together. She gathered all the papers on the table together while I transferred all the files on the flashdrive to my laptop. When I was done, she handed me the papers and I put them in my bag.

Finally, I got to my feet, and walked to the door.

With my hand on the knob, I sighed and turned to her, "I'm not angry at you, I just don't need anyone trying to hold me back. I know what I went through, and you do too. I get that they're our mates and that means something to you, but it holds no significance for me. Harry's still the same person that abused me and threw you to the wayside for Kylie of all people. And Callum's still the same coward that joined in with the torment and rejected me for them."

She lifted her head, meeting my eyes, "I know you think it's weak and stupid of me, but I still care about Harry as my mate. I want to hurt him, but not as much as you do, and my instincts are telling me to protect him from you because of that. And Callum's biggest crime is being an impressionable fool."

"You're right, I do think it's weak and stupid."

Her head lowered again.

"But since he's your mate," I continued, "I'll allow you to pick his punishment."

She perked back up.

I held up a finger, "On one condition. Make sure whatever you choose does not deny me the satisfaction of his suffering. Our next meeting will be on the thirty-first of March, so I suggest you use the time we have till then to come up with multiple ways we can deal with him, because I'll veto the ones that don't satisfy me. Is that better?"

She nodded.

I turned to leave.

"And Callum?" She called before I could open the door.