Chapter 65 - Pasts of Today

Hello, Nikki here. 

Before the chapter begins, I have a few things to address.

First of all, to those of you that still love Fire and Ice, thank you for sticking with this story and being patient with me. A few facts about me: I'm a university student currently in my final year. The last few months (and even this month of June) have been critical for me to ensure that I graduate with good enough grades. Second fact, I'm studying in a country in an entirely different hemisphere from my own, and I have to work a lot harder to set myself up for after graduation. With all these going on, Fire and Ice kinda fell to the back burner for a long time, and when I did attempt to write, I couldn't get my mind to focus on the story, because I was worrying about other things, (and honestly, with my state exams this month, I still am. But I digress...)

Second of all, it has been brought to my attention that Fire and Ice has been copied and pasted on multiple sites without my permission. Now, a thinking, feeling person should already know not to do this, but just in case anyone's confused, it is explicitly stated in the description of this book that nobody is allowed to do that. My undergrad is in law, but you don't even need that to know that it's Intellectual Property theft and copyright infringement.

Finally I want to say thank you to all the readers who brought this to my attention, I really appreciate that you noticed and took the time out to tell me. I will be contacting the platforms that you have pointed out to me in order to get the copies taken down. If that method doesn't work, then I may need to resort to other actions.

This novel is the result of years of ideas, thoughts, writing (and cringing when reading my writing later on) and love. Fire and Ice can be best described as my (current) life's work, and no matter what comes up in my life, I am determined to finish it.

To whoever has already copied it, you can take it down yourself now (and possibly approach me honestly about having it posted elsewhere), or you can let me deal with you. And to whoever may plan to do the same in the future, don't let me have to deal with you too.

Now, with all that said, onto the story.

Natalia's P. O. V

My brain stalled.

The current situation alone screamed that lying to him would be a very bad idea. But the idea of giving too much away filled me with almost as much dread.

How much did he know?

How much could I conceal?

If I said too much, I'd give him more than what he had and what I needed to survive this situation. But not enough, and I'd be a goner.

"I am not one to repeat myself, intruder." The Alpha's voice was deceptively even, masking the certain impatience that was prickling beneath his skin.

His son chimed in, apparently not as versed in the art of a cool exterior, "Speak now, or we'll make it so you can never spew your lies again."

The Alpha's annoyance at his son's words was understated and would probably manifest later in a stern lecture delivered behind closed doors, but his glare remained trained on me as I finally spoke.

"Not many Werewolves can recognize the scent of a Syren."

"Not many Werewolves have lived the life I have."

What had he seen that left him with the knowledge of who Syrens were? The possibilities were endless, and yet I couldn't think of a single one that would make a Werewolf as aware as he was of the existence of Syrens.