18

"You like me, you said?"

She said as her lips quivered. Her mismatched eyes were looking around but me. To be more specific, her eyes were glued to the ground. She was having trouble with thinking of a 'yes or no' answer. Judging by her expression, I knew she's going to give a 'no' for an answer but in the nicest way possible, I assume.

"Um . . . How should I . . . ?" She muttered, letting herself trail off. Even though I already knew the answer, it still stings me. As if thousands of needles were pricking my heart.

My heart? I can't believe I said that. I don't want to be a lovesick person.

"It's fine. I mean, forget it. I didn't intend to say it but it came out of my mouth. Just forget it, really," I waved it off, which made Kyryan to look up at me. I can see she was about to say something but I don't want to push herself to try make things better. It was my fault. I should have kept it in between myself.

I turned away without giving her a chance to say anything. Out of the corner of my eye, she was about to grab me but she changed her mind. Her hand hovered in the air that soon fell to her side. I continue to walk, deciding home was probably the best place to sort things out as I don't have a specific place to do so. Behind me, I didn't hear any footsteps nor her voice, so I assumed she stood there. I didn't want to look as I don't want to see the pain on her face, making her think she had done something wrong. I know I should go back and tell her it wasn't her fault but I'm tired of making problems one after another.

" Shouto, where have you been? " My sister asks, her tone filled with worry.

" A place where there's no shitty dad, " I answer casually, closing the front door. " By the way, where is he? Not that I care of. "

" He left just now. He went to his office. "

" Good. " I mean it. I make my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water as Fuyumi asks me a question.

" Did something happen? And I don't mean by you and Dad. "

I raise an eyebrow, not getting what she is saying.

" Don't give me that face. You know who I'm talking about. "

" Apparently, no. " I finish my glass of water and walk over to the sink. There is a dirty plate. I look at my sister to know who's work it was. We don't usually leave plates or glasses unwashed unless we're in a hurry.

" It was Dad's, " she answers. I roll my eyes. At first, I didn't want to wash his but the thought of leaving more work to my sister came into my mind. I wash them.

" I'm talking about Kyryan. " I heard her correctly but I ignored. " Shouto, have you forgotten your manners? I am your sister. "

I turn off the tap and dry my hands with a paper towel before looking at her. " What part do you want to know between Kyryan and I? In fact, why do you care so much about my whatever-love-life? "

Her mouth is open but no words come out. She closes them and apologized instead. " I'm sorry. Your life isn't my business. I have my own. "

Great. I messed up twice.

Even though her words said those, I know her tone said, " I just care for you. "