14 | This One Moment

Things had been pretty chill since Laura and I got back together. It had been a few weeks now and I was feeling better than I had in the last year of my life. It's weird how sometimes, you live so much of your life without something, and as soon as you find that something, you couldn't imagine your life without it. 

That was me with Laura. Well, after I re-found her, I guess. And ever since we had finally gotten back together things just made so much more sense. It was as if the entire time we were apart we had just been prolonging our reunion, and to know that you're exactly where you're supposed to be with exactly who you're supposed to be with is an amazing feeling.

"This is the riff I was playing around with." Drew said as he began to play his guitar. "I like that. It fits in the bridge really well." I nodded my head, attempting to play the riff myself. "Ross, I have to say, this music is just flowing out of you. A couple months ago you couldn't write to save your life. What changed?" Drew asked, sipping his bottle of water. 

The thing about Laura and I was that we were a secret. And I certainly didn't have her permission to tell the world about our relationship there and then. "Just kind of found some motivation. I really want to get this record out and get back on tour. I miss touring a lot." I lied, hoping he would buy it. It certainly wasn't the best lie I could have come up with, but it was something.

"I've been working with you for awhile now, Ross. I know a muse when I see one. But if you don't want to tell me what's up then that's fine, I respect that." He shrugged. I sighed. "Promise you won't tell anyone? And I mean a soul." I whispered, and Drew raised his eyebrows at me. "I guess." He replied. 

"It's Laura. We've been dating now for a couple months." I explained and his eyes widened. "Wait, are you the reason she called off her engagement?" He asked and I shyly smiled. "In a way, yes." I nodded. "You're shitting me. Is it serious?" Drew asked. "Kind of, yeah." I felt myself blushing. "Well, that makes a lot more sense. I'm happy for you man. You two clearly belong together." Drew smiled. 

______________

"What do you want to watch?" I asked Laura as she worked in the kitchen. "What about The Office? I know we'll both be happy with that." She said, bringing over a large bowl of popcorn and cuddling into my side. 

"Fine by me." I said, taking some popcorn and pulling a blanket over us. She pressed play and as I was looking between her and the screen, I felt myself needing to ask when she wanted to go public with our relationship.

"Laura?" I asked, and she looked up to meet my gaze. "What's up?" she asked, her eyes big and wondering. "Are we ever going to take our relationship public?" She sat up and paused the TV. "Where is this coming from?" She asked. I shrugged. "I just want to be able to tell people about us, you know? People keep asking me why I'm so happy and I can't say anything." I admitted.

Laura's eyes searched mine. "Me too." She said, and I widened my eyes at her. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

"So you're ready to tell people?" I asked, and she nodded her head. "I am. It's time." Laura smiled, and I grabbed her hand and squeezed it with mine. 

"I love you." I said, leaning in to kiss her. She smiled into the kiss and cupped my face. "I love you too." She said before kissing me again. 

__________________

"This single really is something, Ross." Ryan Seacrest said, and I smiled. I was on AT40 today and I was going to confirm my relationship with Laura. "Can I ask who the song is about?" He pressed, but his facial expression told me that he knew he wouldn't get an answer.

"Normally, no," I laughed, causing him to laugh too, "but today I'll make an exception. I'm actually going to confirm any rumours that anyone's heard about Laura Marano and I dating. We have recently gotten together and we'd appreciate respect and privacy on that matter. But we're both very happy and looking forward to the future together." I explained, and Ryan looked at me with excited eyes. 

"Well, congratulations to the both of you. I wish you both the very best. Talk about a power couple." Ryan joked and I laughed as well. He was right. We were a power couple.

___________

After the confirmation, my social media had blown up. Laura had been listening and recorded it with her phone. And from there on out, things were exactly how they were supposed to be. In that one moment, we were solidified into the world forever. 

And now, as Laura and I take on the world as husband and wife with a baby on the way, we know that no matter what we face, we'll be able to handle it. As long as we're together, we know that nothing can stand in our way.

Throughout our relatioship, we've been tested countless times, but the only real test we needed to pass was our own fear, which was what was in between her and I being together from the start. I left her because I was scared of marrying too young, and she left me because she feared what would happen if she didn't take an opportunity and go to college. 

We didn't get the timing right until that one moment, when Ben gave me the invitation. That was the moment when I knew that there was nothing else about to stand in the way of us being together. And I was right. After being married for almost a year and with one child on the way, I knew that there was nowhere else I'd rather be than by her side. 

And when I look back on everything we did together, I'll always remember how hard we fought. Through years of seperation and countless arguments, we were still reaching out for each other. We were soulmates. That, I knew for a fact.

And nothing, not four walls or three years could seperate our two hearts from reaching that one moment. 

We finally had our happily ever after. And I knew that this time, nothing would be able to take it away. 

End of Series.

______________________________

five years (started these four walls in May of 2014) and three books later, here we are folks. hope you enjoyed the wrap up of the series in this book.

took me awhile to update because i actually went and re-read the other two books to figure out how i wanted to end it and I decdied on something lowkey. the other two ended pretty dramatically and this one needed to be opposite if it was going to stand out.

i know it's not long or anything, but it gives you closure and ends the series quite nicely. 

thank you so very much for reading, voting, and commenting on ALL THREE stories. it's been a fun five years working  with this series and I hope you all loved it as much as I loved writing it. 

i don't know what's to come in the future, but I hope you'll all check out other stories I may write, even though they probably won't be raura. the support you guys had for this series is something that will never leave me. i had so much fun writing this and I'm glad I did. 

for one final time, all my love,

haileexoxo