3

i groan out i finally have to go back and work. of course, the week would fly by leaving me working on his birthday. i jump up totally forgetting about the pain in my ribs from last nights beating. alphas and betas from all over the country will be coming here and bringing their unmated pack members for jukes birthday. i might actually get out of here i think to myself. i throw on the maid's outfit and knock on the cell door. Andy told me last night he wouldn't be my guard anymore because he has to guard the new alpha which means i have a new guard.

the door swings open and i rush into the kitchen
"morning Millie, rest well?" the luna questions me smiling
"as well as i could, here is the plan for the birthday, is it alright?" i question trying to stay away from the talk of her mate beating me the entire time.
"oh he's going to love it" she smiles at me happily at me i just nod taking off to start everything. i rush to the back yard where i know the luna has the pack helpers.
"Hey, are you guys good to decorate? i need to cook and clean the house and fix the future alphas room up" i smile at them all, they all nod rushing over for the paper i have in my hand with how it needs to be set up. i hand it over and rush to the kitchen. alpha told me last night all i had to do was make everything spotless and make the food for tonight which puts my mind at ease. knowing that breakfast and lunch i dont need to worry about.

i start on the cake, mixing the chocolate onto the batter and putting the five layers into the oven to cook. i grab a red velvet cake mix and do the same. times like this i am glad we have two ovens. i turn to all the meat and decide to do that last checking the time i realize luke will be out of his room. rushing upstairs pushing myself as best as i can i reach his door and knock making sure he's not inside. when i hear no reply i push the door and quickly get to cleaning. i scrub his bathroom clean and make his bed. i open his closet to see he has already moved all his clothing to the side for just in case he finds his mate. i grab his clothes and throw them down the laundry shoot making sure the door is shut i continue cleaning the rest of the house.

i get back to the kitchen in record time and take the cakes out to cool replacing them with the chicken, sausages, lamb, beef, bacon, and turkey. i grab the vegetables out and start getting them ready to go in. i turn to the cakes layering them up and icing them.
"Millie i can take over, i left a dress in your room for you" Luna smiles at me i just nod and rush off already knowing i need to look my best, not only for if my mate is here but so no one knows I'm abused.

grabbing the dress and slipping it on makes me feel like a whole new person. the dress is long, flowing down to my ankles with a slit on my right side that goes to around midthigh (picture above) i notice a pair of plain black heels and grab them slipping them on. its times like this i wish i had a mirror or even makeup. i run my fingers though my hair and decide to leave it alone. i rush upstairs and into the kitchen
"here let me take over" i smile hoping luna will agree but all she does is turn around and look at me in shock.
"is everything okay?" i ask feeling very uncomfortable
"you look beautiful, i saw the dress and knew it belonged on you" she smiles at me pulling me into the hug
"no need to help, everything is cooked and outside with the guests" i just nod heading in the opposite direction to the party
"no, you dont, come on, let me introduce you to the alpha of the neighboring pack" Luna smiles at me

####

Lukes pov

i stare around at my party, the black and red theme making my wolf LO scream in happiness 'what your problem' i ask in annoyance, something has been bugging him the last week and i dont know what 'i have a feeling someone special made this for us' he smiles in my head i laugh 'yea my mum' i groan i look around trying to smell if my mate is here, i can't smell a thing. of course, she isnt here on the most important day of my life, i know she's not from my pack otherwise i would have smelt her already and have her by my side. i walk around smiling at the other alphas as they wish me luck with the pack. i sometimes wish i wasn't having to become an alpha, i continue my walk when i smell her, she smells amazing like lavender and chocolate, i rush around probably looking like a made man but when i see her my world stops.