1

I roll over on the mattress, trying not to fall off, the alarm clock starting to beep at me, signalling my wake-up call, not that I really have slept. I get up, throwing on a simple black and white dress that could be passed off as a maid's dress.
"I'm ready", I call out to the prison guard. The door opens
"Better be something good", he growls out, showing me the whip that he is required to hold
"I will make you your favourite" I force a smile out he nods happily, allowing me to leave the prison block.

I wander out into the pack house and towards the kitchen, hoping to get all the food ready this time before they roll out of bed. I remember my promise to guard Andy and grab out the pancake mix, starting to mix it together, knowing he would be the first in for breakfast. I grab out a 30-tray of eggs and start creaking them one by one into the bowl to be able to feed the hungry hundred wolves that will be down any minute. I grab the pancake mixture and pour it into the pan, throwing some bacon.
"Where's my food Millie," Andy asks, coming into the room. I whip the pancakes off the grill and plate them up
"Are you needing a drink this morning" I question, hoping the answer is a no; every time I make his coffee, it just lands up on me
"No, I'll be fine", he smiles, taking his plate of food from me

I finish the breakfast for everyone looking over my masterpieces as I transfer them onto the already set kitchen tables—the scrambled eggs looked better than ever, as well as the bacon and cereal. I put the drinks on the side table and look at Andy for permission to leave all I get is a nod.

Rushing upstairs, I see the alpha heading my way
"Breakfast better be a good, mutt. Also, shopping is happening tomorrow, so write what you have used", he growls at me, making me nod in understanding before rushing off into the bathroom to do my business.

I comb my black hair with my hands so that it is neatly in a ponytail; I stare into my brown eyes wishing to no end that I will get out of here alive
"My room better be clean before I finish breakfast", I hear the alpha's son Luke yell through the door.
"You can do this, Millie; you do it all the time; today is no different," I say to myself, hoping that my prep talk would work.

I walk towards his bedroom door, already knowing the smell of wet dog would be filling my senses. What are you meant to suspect when you live with werewolves? I swing the door open quickly cleaning his room up, making it look spotless like always. I notice the pile of dirty clothes in the corner of the room
"for once, he goes easy on me", I whisper to myself, grabbing the clothing in my hand and walking out, making sure to close the door behind me. Walking over to the laundry shoot, I pile the clothes in. I notice the luna walking my way; the luna has always been lovely to me, never once blaming me for my parent's death, not that I have the right to call them that.
"Millie dear, my dear husband, is handing the title over to my dear son on his eighteenth birthday, which, as you know, isn't too far away; any chance you can cook something amazing?" she questions me. I nod, bowing my head
"no need to bow to me while we are alone; alpha frost isn't here" Luna smiles at me, making me nod
"yes, luna", I smile. She almost glares at me
"how many times have I told it to you, mum" I look down and nod, not wanting to call her mum
"run along now you have school", she smiles at me, making my face fall
"Luna, I mean mum, not to sound rude, but I am swamped with housework; I still haven't cleaned the rest of the house, only cooked and cleaned your son's room. I think I will stay home today to clean," I wince out. She looks at me sadly

"you're going to school; I will tell the alpha that I ordered you to go so you won't get a beating", she growls out. I nod, rushing down the stairs and to the prison. I see Andy watching me
"back so early?" he questions, looking at me strangely
"Luna ordered me to get ready for school" I smile out, while Andy may be the day guard watching to make sure I don't escape; he is a nice guy; he always comes to the cell at around three am, taking over from my night guard Irish who starts watching me at about ten. Andy is not much older than me; he's only about 20 and has always been nice to me other than when ordered; otherwise, don't get me wrong, he can be tasty; if I mess his coffee cup, he never goes easy on me. He opens the door for me, allowing me to walk in before closing it.  I quickly undress, allowing myself to slip into my jeans and hoodie, ready for school
"time to leave", Andy yells at me, slamming the door open; I nod, pulling my shoes on and setting off. I walk out the back door of the prison, where they typically bring rouges in as not to run into any of my pack members. If being abused isn't enough, then being bullied on top of it is.

I reach the school in record time and head straight to class; I am not at school much anymore because pack work comes first. I pull out the pad from the desk and start to plan the alpha son's birthday party and switching of title ceremony, which will be taking place in two weeks. I think to my wolf; she hasn't been with me since the day I was demoted from betas daughter to omega; the pain cast her out before I could even shift. Werewolves depending on rank, go at sixteen; in an alpha or beta title, you turn at fourteen. Most omegas, i.e. before they move, some dress when they would typically, and some never move, but for the most part, you go when you find your mate, which can be challenging because, without a wolf, you can't find them, they have to see you. However, saying that most omegas wolfs are still there, which helps your mate find you, mine isn't, meaning unless by some miracle she comes back or I shift without her, I will never see my mate. He will live a life without me.

I watch as Luke walks in with Kyle, Kyle and his family took over my family's title when they died.
"look who it is; it's the murder" Luke smiles at me. I hide the pad paper away so that he can't destroy it; they walk up to me and start hitting my face; I stop myself from crying 'i am strong,' i remind myself as they continue their beating on me. Soon enough, the teacher walks in and starts the lesson, which makes them stop and take their seats on the other side of the room. I look at the board, not understanding a thing. I take the paper out, deciding it best to plan Lukes's birthday. I look over at him, trying to determine the best colour scheme.  Luke and I used to be best friends my dad used to joke that Anna would have to be beta because I would be Luna; we all knew it was a joke because he had a bond with Ashley more than me. You see, even when the human side doesn't know who their mate will be; the wolf side does; it's not vital. They can tell if they are near and can see if they are hurt or not but not who they are. Not until they shift, of course. Everyone knows Luke hasn't found his mate, and I think it always bugs him. I move my eyes away from the window behind Luke that I somehow seemed to stare at without noticing, but I realise something strange. Luke was staring straight at me!