Time To Go

They all stare at me. I take a step back but I just end up running into Xavier. He wraps one of his arms around my waist.

I try to pull it off, but then people start to notice so I stopped. "Hello. As all of you know, Lucy was in a coma for a while. She woke up this morning. She is my mate and your Luna." No one looked shocked. Maybe a bit disgusted or annoyed or with a look of pity on their face, but not shocked. Did he tell them? 

Peter, a pack member who never sees me or bothered to notice, says "Welcome back, Luna." He was never mean to me, but he wasn't exactly nice either. He was just a bystander. He would sometimes smile at me and he was one of the very few who said thank you. I give him the smallest of smiles.

"Are you feeling well?" Another pack member asks, awkwardly. I can tell they don't want to say anything, but they feel like they have to. I nod and look back down at the ground.

"Has anything happened while I was gone?" Xavier asks from behind me. He lets go of my waist and stand in front of me, which I am grateful for. I move to the right a bit so I can see some of whats happening.

"Nothing Alpha." Zach says from the left. I immediately tense and hid back behind Xavier. Of course everyone who had a view of me noticed. They all look at me and Zach.

Xavier nods. "Very Well. Lucy, you must be tired. Zach, Micah, I'll need you in my office in about half an hour."

"Yes Alpha." they say before everyone scatters. Xavier and I are the only ones left. I have to pack my stuff and leave soon. I should go now before I become more attached. I tug on Xavier's arm. He turns around to look at me. I make a hand gesture like I'm writing. He gets the message and finds a pen and notebook before giving it to me.

I want to go for a run

He looks at down at what I wrote before shaking his head. "No. You should rest, Lucy," he says before walking towards the stairs.

I walk towards him and tug on his arm again. He faces me and I point towards what I wrote.

"No, Lucy." he tries to walk away again, but I grab his arm and pout while pointing at the notebook. "Lucy." he gives me a no nonsense tone, but I don't care. I put the notebook in his face and tug on his arm harder.

He gets too frustrated and throws the notebook on the floor before speaking in a louder tone in his alpha voice:"No Lucy, go rest, right now!"

"I'm not your mate!"

"You think I would actually stay with you?"

"You're an evil bitch who deserves to rot in hell!"

"Shut up!"

All the memories come flying at me. I feel my stomach drop and tears fill my eyes. And I hate it!

I hate how I'm afraid! I'm afraid of everything and everyone. Im afraid of the littlest things. But I can't help it. That day was the most terrifying day of my entire life. I don't think I've ever felt so much fear and pain.

Xavier's face softens and fills with regret. I feel tears fall down my face and I move past him to go upstairs. I need to be alone. 

"Wait! Lucy, wait!!" I hear his footsteps after me. I run faster, which is extremely hard since I'm still injured, and when I reach my room, I gasp.

Everything is gone. The only thing left is a dirty old mattress and my small little dresser. "I had your things moved to my room." I turn to see Xavier standing there, with the notebook and pen in his hand. He takes a step towards me and I take one back.