Heartbroken

Today, I have so much to do. Since Xavier is becoming Alpha today, I must prepare the food and clean until it is spotless.

Although they don't want me to, I have to to go to ceremony. Everyone must be there to honor their new alpha. I tried to argue along with Micah, but that got me a swift smack and an order from Marcus that everyone must be there. The smallest of children to the worthless runts. His words. Not mine. 

I get up at 5:00 in the morning and change quickly into long brown skirt and a long sleeved dirty white shirt. It was probably the nicest clothes I owned. I put my hair in a ponytail  and go to start breakfast. I've decided to make some pancakes, sausages, and eggs and some fruit. As the sausages are cooking, I put the plates and cups down and go to make some orange juice. I quickly make the food and then start to chop up fruit.

I finished putting food on the plates as pack members started coming in.

"Hey bitch. Where the hell is my food?" Zach, a mean pack member asks with a smirk. He was my personal favorite to annoy. When I embarrassed him, it was always easy to tell since his cheeks would turn bright red. 

"Up your ass, dick." I respond before smiling and returning to work. I can see the red move across his face, and unfortunately, his eyes get that evil look in them. 

I take  a deep breath as Zach comes up to me and pulls my hair, hard. I gasp and pull away before kicking him in the balls. I put my hand to my head and laugh at his expression.

I see Micah glaring at me. I gulp and run into the kitchen. I eat what's left which isn't much. A pancake and a few pieces of fruit. I chug a glass of water before cleaning the mess the pack left. 

I use the rest of the day to clean the house until it's spotless and then go take a shower in the  small bathroom upstairs before grabbing the dress I was given for the ceremony. I got the only dress they had left.

I love it. It's a light green and goes down to almost my knees with lace near the bottom. The sleeves came down to my elbows and I put on my only good shoes. White flats.

I brush my wavy hair and then look at my reflection. I actually look somewhat good. My hair is a bit poofy and the dress doesn't exactly fit, but compared to my usual clothes, it felt nice to wear something like this. 

I walk downstairs and see everyone else dressed. All the girls have beautiful, elegant dresses. The men all look dashing. I see Micah and Steven talking to each other and I feel a small pain in my heart. My brothers and I used to have the best time. We always would laugh and play games, tell funny stories and they could talk to me about anything. We used to be best friends. Now, all I get is hatred. Cruel words and evil glances.

The old beta comes out and says they are ready. Micah walks out first as he is going to be beta. Xavier and Micah are best friends apparently. Don't know how I missed that, but I guess I have been occupied by other activities like, you know, being abused. 

Everyone walks out and I'm the last one out. As I glance around I see Michelle, probably the meanest bitch I have ever met. She has a short black dress and her blonde hair that reaches her shoulders is curled to perfection. She has tall heels and walks like she owns the place. I hate her and she's an idiot, but she looks so beautiful.

I look down at my feet as I walk.

The ceremony begins. I can't see much or hear much as I'm pushed to the back and everyone is towering over me.

I don't mind that I can't hear much. I take the time to relax and observe the pack members around me. Although I know I deserve a glance at my new alpha, I know that nobody really cares so no point in fighting it.  Finally I hear a shout and everyone around me cheers.