Giving Up

I wake up and my eyes burn. I feel like shit. I'm still in my dress from last night. I look over at the alarm clock and see its 7:00 a.m.

"'Shit!!" I was supposed to be up two hours ago. I quickly change into an old pair of jeans and a green t-shirt. I put my hair in a ponytail and look in the mirror.

I look awful. My eyes are bloodshot and they look dead. My face is extremely pale. 3 hours of sleep will do that to you. I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth quickly. 

I run downstairs and see Micah, Steven, Michelle, Zach, Denise, Jordan, and Xavier.

"Listen idiot, you better not be late again. The alpha was waiting for his food," Michelle says, rolling her eyes. 

I look over at Xavier. He has a blank face. I feel a pang of pain when I remember he had sex with someone. I look down and mutter, "Forgive me, Alpha. I didn't sleep much."

"He doesn't care. You barely let us enjoy our celebration with all of your pathetic crying. Sorry if you got rejected by another member of our pack. Don't see why you keep trying," I hear Michelle's nasal voice again. 

Michelle has this obsession with making it seem like I desperately go after men in the pack only to be rejected. 

I hear a growl and look up to see Xavier with an angry look on his face. I think the comment about me trying to find someone else may have gotten to him? 

   Hypocrite...

"He's jealous!" my wolf exclaims.

"Don't be ridiculous. He's probably just really hungry," I mutter back.

"No, sir. I was cleaning." I go into the kitchen and begin cooking. An hour later, I'm finishing making the last of the bacon when Zach, Micah, Xavier, Michelle, and Parker (another pack member) comes in.

"Slut, I want more bacon." Michelle commands. I don't respond. I simply keep working.

"Lucy, didn't you hear Michelle? She wants more bacon." Zach says.

I turn toward Michelle. "I'm sorry. You said 'slut' so I assumed you were just talking to yourself." I smile. I grab a piece and put it on her plate.

Her nostrils flare and she puts her hand in a fist. "You bitch! Take that back!"

I raise my eyebrows in fake confusion. "Okay..." I grab the piece of bacon off her plate.

"Don't be stupid. Oh wait you're already stupid and fat and ugly and worthless. You're probably be rejected by your mate as soon as he sees you. You fat cow!" She throws her plate down.

Hearing her say the thing about my mate makes my heart clench. I look at Xavier and he is just staring at Michelle.

"I, however, am going to be luna." She walks over to Xavier and kisses him. The worst part: he kissed her back. "We discussed it last night, didn't we, Alpha?" She says while giggling. She turns towards me and drops her smile. "Besides, your food stinks. I am not sure why you still are allowed to cook for us all." 

I feel anger and pain light within me like a blazing fire. "I am not sure if it would be the best situation if the Luna of the pack were to follow old traditions of sleeping with every member of the pack before they meet their mates. Considering you're almost through the whole pack." 

Michelle gasps and then smacks me hard across the face. I almost fall back, but quickly catch myself. I punch her in the face, giving her a bloody nose before Zach comes up and throws me against the fridge hitting my back hard against the handle. I scream and fall. Parker then comes up and punches me. Micah comes up and stares at me. I pled with my eyes at him before he kicks me in the ribs. I cry out. They are all hitting me and I curl into a ball to try and shield myself. I knew that wasn't a good idea. 

I look up to Xavier. He just watched with wide eyes.

"Help me.." I mouth at him. Maybe this will show him what I have to deal with. He looks at me with worried eyes, but he just looks away before walking out.

"Let's give this bitch what she deserves!" Michelle says before grabbing the very very very hot pan I used to make the bacon and pouring the very very very VERY hot oil over my left arm.

I scream bloody murder as it burns my skin. "No! Please, someone please help me!" I cry out and begin sobbing.

I feel myself being lifted up. I fight as I realize it's Parker. Zach grabs one of legs while Micah grabs the other. Parker holds me from behind and Michelle just stands there and smirks as they lead me outside to the river.

I fight with all my might, but it's no use. "Stop!!" I screech. Oh god, they're going to throw me in there.

As we reach the river, Michelle grips my arm that got burned tightly. I scream again and sob. "This will teach you! Keep your mouth shut if you don't want this to happen again."

They throw me into the water and water goes up my nose. My nose stings, but I come up for air to see all of them laughing at me except Micah.

With my arm, I can't swim very good. I keep falling into the deep water. I reach my hand out trying to get out. The only good thing is that it's cooling off my arm. I reach my hand out to my brother. "Micah! Micah! Help me please! I can't swim with my arm. Please Micah! It wasn't me I swear! The rogues did it. Please, please Micah!" I beg and beg, but I knew what was going to happen before I was done pleading. 

His eyes soften before they went blank again and they all walk away.

I fall into the water more and the once small waves are getting bigger and bigger knocking me farther away from them. "Micah! What would mom and dad say if they saw what you did!" I see his back stiffen at my words before he grabs a rock and throws it at me. It hits me on the head hard. I fall under the water and pull myself back up gasping for air. I reach up with my good hand and feel blood.

Suddenly, black spots start appearing. "MICAH!" I scream! My vision is blurry and I barely see them walk away.

Maybe this is it. This is how I am meant to die. This is the end of Lucy Mason. No one cares enough to help me anyway.

"Please," is the word I can mumble out before I fall deep, deep into the water and then everything turns black.