Welcome Back

*LMAO i forgot i had zac efron as one of lucy's brothers.*

"The burn on your arm is healing fine. Luckily, your wolf was able to speed the progress up, although she is still pretty weak," the doctor explains to me as she writes in a chart.

"You had some bruising on your side and all over your face. The ones on your face have gone except a small scab on your lower lip which seems to be busted. That should heal in 2 weeks,3 tops. Your side, however, will be really sore. You will have to take it easy for a couple weeks. So rest. I already told your mate about this, so he'll make sure you are well rested."

My eyes widen when she says "your mate". Xavier doesn't want me as his mate. I look at her in hesitation and confusion.

"Is he not your mate?" She asks.

I shrug. "Did he reject you before you were put into the coma?" I nod.

She purses her lips. "I heard him take it back. Will you still....stay with him?" she asks sitting in the chair next to me.

Will I? I'm so overwhelmed by everything. I don't know what I'm going to do. This would've been easier If I were dead. Why couldn't I have died? 

I want to be with Xavier, but it's all probably just a cruel joke. They just want me to come back and then they'll lock me up and he will live happily ever after with Michelle. They'll hurt me. He hurt me. He didn't want me.

I just stare at her. She gets the message. "You don't know?"

I shake my head. "Listen, I shouldn't be telling you this. The alpha will get mad at me if I do, but I can't stand this anymore. You need to leave. You can't stay here. Even if the alpha meant it, others will just try to break you down. They will constantly be hurting you and then telling you that Xavier won't believe you. You need to leave while you can. Don't stay and take this abuse anymore. You deserve better." She grabs my hand. "Your so called brothers didn't even protect you. They hurt you the most. You could've died. They could have killed you."

I'm taken back by her words. Leave? I couldn't just...leave, right? My wolf yells at me "NO! I won't leave Xavier!" I don't want to leave him either, but she's right. They will constantly be hurting me. Trying to tear me down.

I nod my head at her. I'm leaving as soon as I can.

She breathes a sigh of relief. "I can have some clothes and food ready for you if you want. You will want to turn into a wolf. But be extremely careful. You're still in pain."

Wait, am I leaving right now? I look at her in confusion.

She smiles at me. "I'm going to let you stay here for a couple hours to let yourself rest. Tonight, when the alpha takes you home, ask to take a run. I'll tell him it will help you heal faster. You ask to go alone. Do you understand? Say to figure things out. Then you run. You run and don't look back. I'll give you my phone number so I can make sure everything is well. Or would you rather wait?"

This is all so sudden. I feel a lump in my throat just thinking about leaving here. Although it's been terrible, it's still where I grew up. Where my good memories are. Where Xavier is. I can't not care for him.

I shake my head at her. I don't want to wait. The sooner the better.

Again she smiles. "Alright. I'll be back. They'll want to come in. Just calm, okay? I'll help you." I nod at her and give her a small tiny smile. "Can I ask? Why are you struggling to speak?"

I stiffen at her words. I look away from her and shake my head. I don't want to tell her. No one will know. I could get into trouble. If I get caught, they might go straight for her. She might rat me out or lie.