1-800-Cinderella (8)

Sorry it's so short. I am. But I'm trying to finish The STD Trace so I can make it for the Watty's so it takes a lot of my time. But here is something. Next chapter I'll REALLY get into it. I promise :D PLEASE vote though and try out The STD Trace. It will give you something to read. It's funny, promise :)

There are times when I feel like dying, or going back in time, or maybe even hitting a few people. Never in my life have I ever felt like killing someone as bad as I felt like killing Ben. The sounds of pots and pans crashing to the ground, followed after a couple of pieces of silverware maybe filled what was silence in my apartment. I woke up with a start, my bloodshot eyes popping open.

“Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!” I screamed as loud as I could. More crashing sounded and I jerked up off of the couch where I passed out last night and stomped over to the kitchen. My head was pounding—alcohol was not good to me, ever.

Ben was standing amongst a pile of dishware, his eyes wide, his cheeks flushed. “Ah!” he screamed, jumping back.

I stood before him, one hand on my hip, and another on my expanding skull. “Ben, what the hell are you doing?” I glared at him through slightly narrowed eyes. God, the kitchen light burns.

“Someone at school told me that cooking was the way to a man’s heart. I’m just trying to prove it. I made a hypothesis you see, so now I have to cook something to see if it really warms the cockles of my heart. It’s actually quite hard.” Ben scratched his head.

“You woke me up early in the morning…for this?” I whispered. I think my eyes are going to pop out of my head.

“Mom, it’s one in the afternoon.”

“Whatever!” I screamed.

“Is it true though, that cooking is a way to a man’s heart? You’ve been with men, you know, right?” His little eyes grew wide.

I blushed. What the hell? “Ben, that is what mother’s tell their daughters so that they’ll enjoy making food. It’s a lie, now clean this up and turn off the light in this kitchen!”

“It’s the sunlight from the blinds!” he snapped back.

“Then close the blinds, damn it!” I stomped back over to the couch and smacked down onto it. God, my head was killing me. My phone started vibrating and I pulled it out, squinting at it.

Can you come into the office for a bit? I need someone to handle a few things –Trevor

I groaned and sat up, shaking my hair out. I look a hot mess and now I have to work for the very man that was the cause of most of my problems lately. Plus, I have to find someone to take care of Ben and Nancy was opposite of available. She was horrible after late nights she partied on. Grr, what to do?

Yes, that’s how I ended up bringing Ben to the Hilton Hotel with me. Good thing I stopped at the store to get a new phone the other day. For one, I found it horribly stupid of me to have the same phone for both of my personas. Cindy needed a new 4G phone or something while Cinderella keeps the phone she originally owns. All I had to do was change Cindy's number and everyone know I did in some pretend version of a forward to make it appear as if she has tons of friends.

Ugh. This was getting confusing referring to Cinderella as a she and Cindy as a me. Wait, what? I shook my head and slipped the new phone into my pocket just as the elevator doors to the Hilton lobby opened up. Ben sighed, and walked behind me as I walked up to Trevor who had his back to me.

I tapped on his shoulder. He jumped, turning to me. “Oh, thank God you came.” His eyes landed on Ben. “Oh, who is this?” He smiled.

“This is my son, Ben.” I clutched him to my side and he looked up at me, concerned.

“Ah, what’s up, chap?”

Ben snorted. “Hi.”

“What did you need me for?” I asked.

“Oh, my assistant kind of skipped out and I’d really appreciate it you’d help me out for a bit. I’ll pay you for your time.” He touched my arm.

“Erm, I guess but I can’t leave him alone.” God, Ben was going to be awfully bored today.

Trevor tapped his chin. “I need you all day, Cindy. I have an idea.”

That’s how Ben ended up in the care of some sultry blonde that would do anything for Trevor, and when I say anything, I mean anything. She hugged Ben to her bosom and he frowned. I snorted. Most kids would be like yes, I have a hot babysitter, but not Ben. I bet he was thinking about what kind of science experiments he could test out on her. I wouldn’t even be surprised if she ended up dead when I got back.

“Are you sure she’s dependable?” Are you sure she’s tough enough was what I really wanted to ask.

“They’ll be fine, I promise. It’s only till later tonight. Nothing should go wrong.” Trevor grabbed my arm and we were off and into his Mercedes. I wasn’t too sure about this.

“What do you need me to do?” I asked, putting my foot down.

He sighed, turning to me, his hand on the door handle. “All I need is for you to accompany me on a dinner meeting. My assistant, I pay her a whole ton, you know? Yet she randomly disappears at random intervals and it’s irritating.”

“Who are your dinner mates?”

“Oh, the Koocher family.”

I think I’m going to die.