1-800-Cinderella (5)

HELLO THERE. XD Wooooow, five chapters in, hm? :D Thanks for all the amazing support, it means a lot. Make sure to vote to show your love :) Your comments also help me to get more familiar with you all. I have some of you down... lol I feel like a school teacher aha Enjoy your chapter <3

********************************************************************************************************

“Ben, hurry up and eat your cereal so we can go!” I picked up my breakfast plate and put it in the sink. Ben decided that he wanted to be real slow and meticulous this fine morning. It was grating my nerves and I was so close to whacking him in the head with my purse. “Ben!”

Sighing, he stood up and poured his cereal bowl into the sink—hitching his backpack over his shoulders. “You know, mom, I’m very aware and notified about a lot of things in the world.”

“Oh I know, Ben.” I rolled my eyes and grabbed my car keys off of the counter before walking out of my apartment with him following behind. For some reason, his face has been thoughtful and I have no idea what he could be thinking about so early in the morning.

“But there’s one thing I don’t necessarily understand.” He got in the passenger seat of the car and slipped his seat belt on. I pulled out of the parking lot.

“What might that be?” I looked over at him in my rearview mirror.

“Sex.”

I came to a complete stop, my foot slamming down on the breaks. “What?” I whipped my head around to gape at him. I was going to kill Nancy if it was the last thing I did. I swear I wanted her head on a platter above the future fireplace of a home I shall own someday.

He turned a charming pink. “Why do people do what they do? What are the technicalities of it? What runs through people’s minds while they are going through it? How do you know if you’ve had enough of it?”

I swallowed, hard. “Ben, look, let’s just go to school and we can think about this later.”

“I just don’t get it. Like why do only the women make such noises? Why do the women only expose their most intimate body parts while the man doesn’t show anything but his chest? Mom, I don’t get it.”

“You’re eight—you’re not supposed to get it! Ben, just drop it.”

“Am I not allowed to know? I feel as if all the knowledge I thought I had was pointless if I don’t know something as simple as the sexual counterparts between a man and a woman.”

I closed my eyes and shook my head. Okay, brain overload. “Just be quiet.” I started the car again and drove up to his school, so glad to be rid of him. “Have a good day, Ben.”

“Aren’t you going to walk me up the steps as usual?” He frowned.

“If you are so knowledgeable then you are pretty mature enough to understand the way to operate your legs to take you up the school steps by yourself,” I mocked.

He narrowed his eyes. “Good one, mom,” he scoffed before closing the door behind him and running up the steps alone. Ah, he’s becoming a man.

~.~

Work was another boring pattern of stupid oblivious callers and people that needed to browse the hotel’s website to save ten minutes of their lives. Not only their lives would be spared, but mine would be too. I’d probably get maybe five out of the seven hundred if they’d check online first. Lesley slammed her phone down and spun in her chair to face me. I don’t know how she ever even received this hotel job the first time, because she hardly does her work.