1-800-Cinderella (24)

Like last time, my laptop is still down. I'll edit this when I get my laptop back. I just wanted to update for you all. This story is REALLY close to the end. A few chapters left :) Tell me what you think of this, please?

I didn't think it was possible to gulp, take a deep breath, and adjust my clothing all at the same time, but I made it possible. I make everything possible. In all honesty, I was just really fucking nervous. I don't think I can do this. Like I can't breathe and even though Naifah, Lesley, and Nancy are all waiting for me on the inside, this was still like the most horrible thing out of all things I've ever experienced.

Going to jail wasn't even all that bad. I'm more nervous for this because I have more to lose. I'm going to either start crying, throwing up, or running for the hills in a minute. Oh no, I'm hyperventilating. I checked my watch. Ah! I have ten minutes till I need to be inside. I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't freaking do this!

Footsteps ran up the court steps and then hands were placed on my shoulders. "Cindy, breathe, okay?"

I looked up into the eyes of Rye. Wait, Rye was here? "I can't do this, Rye, I really can't."

"Stop it, Cindy, stop it!" He shook me. "You were made for this. Ben needs you, and you are going to be fine. Just take a few deep breaths."

I heard what he was saying, but I couldn't do what he was asking. "I'm so sorry for what I did last night, I really am. I shouldn't have said those things in your house. You have a really lovely home and I really care about you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm really, really, sorry--"

Rye's lips came down on mine and I melted against him. "Better?" he whispered, breathless. I nodded, just as breathless. "Look, I forgive you. I know you're crazy, it comes along with your beauty." He tapped my nose, smiling. "You can do this. I'll be inside. Good luck." He planted a kiss on my forehead and ran up the steps to go inside the courthouse.

Taking another deep breath, I realized this was the moment that counted and I had to do this. If I wanted to win Ben back and beat Morgan, this was what I needed to do. Trevor was going to be on Morgan's side and Ben was going to be on mine, that was all I needed. I adjusted my black dress and walked up to the courthouse.

It's really cold in here, like freezing. I knew I should have brought a sweater. Damn it! When I made it to the right room, I opened the door and walked in, walking up to the stand and staying put.

While I picked at my hands, I looked back and Naifah, Lesley, and Nancy gave me a thumbs up. I smiled, rolling my eyes. It was like Legally Blonde in this bitch. The judge made his way to the stand and organized his files while having a chat with the officers a bit before clearing his throat.

"Welcome, everyone. We are here for a custody battle over eight year old Ben, here. The plaintiff, Morgan is the birth mother and the defendant, Cindy has custody over Ben as of right now. Morgan, you may plead your case." The judge was very handsome and authoritative with his goatee and robe. His eyes were a soft brown and he had a left dimple.

Morgan stood up from the stand, her hair perfectly combed and dressed as if for a funeral, minus the ridiculous hat. I narrowed my eyes in irritation. How can someone so evil look so perfect? It wasn't fair.

"I had Ben at eighteen years old and at the time I was scared, frightened, and not equipped to be a mother. I didn't have the heart to go through an abortion. It wasn't the baby's fault that I was pregnant and not ready, so I couldn't even think about that option." She was lying. I talked her out of that option because it was her first and only option. "When Cindy offered to take Ben, she was seventeen years old and I didn't think she could do it, I didn't at all. I tried to talk her out of it but she was dead set on raising Ben." Another lie, as soon as I brought up the option, she practically tossed Ben into my arms and ran out.