Chapter 6 - Bullies

-Flashback-

It was the middle of the night and the roads were quiet. No one spoke, not even the radio was playing. Izuku sighed, staring out the window at the city lights as they drove closer and closer to his home. All Might was driving. The man had insisted that Deku should return to the world even if he was not ready yet. That he had to face reality and say 'I am here'.

Life is just full of leaping into the unknown, he'd said. Sometimes you just have to risk it all and jump.

Midoriya didn't want to, but he couldn't deny. All Might had helped him so much the last one and a half month so this was the least he could do. His mom and sister would be waiting for him... Was he ready to face them after what he did? No... But he had to. Unfortunately...

He let out another sigh as his building came into view and All Might stopped the car.
"This is what's best for everyone, young Midoriya"
"I know" he whispered, getting out.
"Thank you so much for what you've done... I'll never be able to repay you for this"
"Don't worry, being my successor is all that I ask" he said with a weak smile.

"Be a hero, Deku"

"I-I will, I promise" Izuku stated. He closed the door and All Might drove off, leaving him alone in the cold of the night. Just as he wanted to turn around and enter the building, a familiar blond approached him. Deku hesitantly took a step back and his eyes focussed on the ground. 'All Might must've told him...' he thought. 'What must Kacchan think of me now?'. The explosive blond had a neutral look on his face, so emotionless it rivalled Todoroki.

"It's over" he stated on a serious tone.
"I can't be in a relationship with someone I don't really know"

Midoriya didn't answer, he just sobbed as tears streamed down his face. What else did he expect him to say? That he still loved him? That everything would be alright? That he still believed Deku was his little angel? A precious being that needed protection from the world? Of course not...

He had showed his dark side and now Bakugou was filled with disgust towards him... When Izuku finally looked up, Katsuki already left. He let out a shaky breath, wiping away his tears. What else could life take away from him at this point?

-Present-

Midoriya was waiting at the gates of elementary school. He had to pick up Shiemi today and babysit on her for the weekend while their mom was out of town. He noticed other parents staring at him and consciously keeping their kids away from him. Deku saw how some of the children wanted to approach him. He was a hero after all. But the parents always intervened.

This elementary school was located outside of their judge free neighbourhood. It was only natural people were scared off him and his sister, keeping their distance from the spawn of the symbol of evil.

"Big bro Izu!" he heard a female voice squeak and a smile appeared on his face.
"Hey there Shiemi! Ready for a weekend with me and uncle Kacchan?" he smiled, picking her up in a hug before taking her backbag.
"Yeah! It'll be awesome!" she cheered, jumping in exitement.
"And? How was your day at school? Had a lot of fun?"

"Mhmm" she mumbled, looking at a group of girls her age. They were whispering while looking and pointing at them. Izuku frowned. He recognized bullying when he saw it.
"Who are those girls?" Deku asked, eying the group.
"What?" Shiemi asked, looking like she just got caught.
"Those girls. Are they mean to you?" Izuku asked.

"W-what? N-no! No, t-they're just s-some girls from m-my class" she muttered, looking down. Yes, his sister was definitely getting bullied. Raged burned within him, making Sheimi take his hand.
"Big bro Izu? Please don't be red" she whispered. Midoriya's eyes widened a little as he noticed his hands glowed a dark blood red. He wasn't using her quirk, she was pushing her quirk onto him.