Issues

The Unkown's P.O.V.

Finally. She's out of the house and alone. This is my chance to get her. When I saw her pulled over to the side of the road, I never thought my luck would get better. But when I crept up to her car ready to get in and get her, I saw her screaming and freaking out about something. In hesitation, I staid hidden in the bushes so she won't see me.

What is going on with her? I never seen a human act like this after being marked. But I hope that everything will settled down once I finished what has begun. I have been looking forward of her being my mate since I learned of a human holding wolf instincts.

Katy's P.O.V

The episode of the blurring and the sight of blood didn't repeat again after I started my car and drove all the way to my work. I'm so grateful it didn't, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happened. When I got to work, which was little bit empty from the lack of costumers, I didn't see anyone outside for fetching the shopping carts, checking on the delivery trucks, or even see anyone for a cigarette break or on the phone. "That's strange . . . . ," I spoken to myself as I got my purse, phone and turned off my car.

When I got out and locked my car, everything was silent and it brought a shiver down my spine making I get in the store quickly.

The first person I ran into is Kate. She gasped and hugged me. "Katy, what are you doing here?"

"Going to work?" I said in confusion. She sounded scared for me to be here for some reason.

"But what about your neck? I heard you had to get stitches."

I shrugged. "They say I can go to work now longs I don't lift heavy objects or do anything crazy." I told her as I headed to the locker to put my things away. "Did they find Roman after the instant?"

Kate shook her head. "He just disappeared since the day he attacked you. Didn't even show up for work."

"Well if I attacked one of my co-workers and I was wanted for being arrested, I wouldn't go to the place where I work. But it is strange that they can't find him at all." I puzzled as I reached in my locker to get my work vest and put my stuff inside.

Kate nodded as she leans against the locker, looking at me in worry. "How was your little break?"

I shrugged. "Boring. I couldn't leave the house cause Dante was being over protective on me."

"Well, I wouldn't blame him after what happened to you. You're just lucky to have a man like him to look after you or make it away from Roman alive."

I shivered as I stared at my locker door, looking at the pictures I have hanging. Then focus on the picture of me with my brother and my old house cat. My parents are still healing after they passed away. I wouldn't imagine what will happened to them if they lost me two years after they lost their son and our beloved house cat who's like a brother to me and a son to them. I also can't imagine what will happen to Dante if he lost me also. He once told me years ago that it kills him to imagine to not have me by his side.

I fought the tears back and closed my locker as I pressed my head against the metal door. "I'm sorry, Katy. Did I cross a line on you?" I heard Kate in a sorrow tone in her voice. She knows how sensitives I am about death.

I took a breath and looked at her and form a small smile. "No. It's fine. Did I miss anything good while I was gone?"

Kate shrugged. "Minus an early Halloween celebration yesterday, nope."

"Damn. I always like that the Halloween celebrations here," I laughed.

Kate join in with me as Jone, our supervisor came in the room. "Katy, you are here."